speedway final

Edit My Images
No
15 and under speedway final, no flash used, iso 3200 and some neat image.
IMG_4548_done_filtered_resized.jpg

IMG_4322_done_filtered_resized.jpg

Nice to see someone else who photographs Speedway. Nice shots, first is better, although I'd prefer to see you drop the ISO a little and try panning. It's difficult because of the short distance between you and the riders, but well worth it when you get a good shot with a nice blurred bg.
Good work.

Panning for speedway when shooting from the terraces is damned tricky though - not least because the riders are in effect coming towards you rather than sweeping past - from the inside you can pan fairly easily but it's not anything I'd try from outside I have to say.

Crackers those shots considering they're high ISO - neatimage looks to have done a sterling job. Loving them both - great sense of speed. :clap:

Thank you for your comments.
Quote,Crackers those shots considering they're high ISO - neatimage looks to have done a sterling job. Loving them both - great sense of speed.

Thank you, I`m trying to get away from useing flash, flash tends to stop everything dead.

Yes, I wouldn't mind being able to do the same myself to be honest, but those "sharp - frozen action" images are what the programme editors and the Speedway star want, strangely enough, so for the moment at least that's what I'll have to keep producing! I do try to pick oput a few heats of each meeting to just play about with settings and stuff, and I've had some stuff I've really liked out of that.

Back