Speedway

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
No
Yo everybody
This is my first post and shots with my new 2nd hand Nikon D70. I took some pix at the speedway last weekend.
What do you think.
C&C
(Go easy I'm only a beginner)(y)

SpeedBikeWeb.jpg

Speedway2Web.jpg

looks to me like you caught the action well, I like the way the riders are all linded up in the second one.

Yes, you've got some nice multi-bike action there, particularly in No. 2. What lens were these with?

Looks to me like you could crop that first one for a closer view of just the two riders, leaving out the background. It certainly looks to be sharp enough.

Warning though, speedway 'togging is addictive. :D

Hi Witch
These are my kid's shots taken at the Glasgow Tigers speedway V Edinburgh last weekend.
The kid used my new Nikon 105mm macro lens for the shots.
Thought they turned out good.
I think I'll have a go with that lens next weekend, although I was more than a bit concerned about the amount of grit and dust flying at the camera at each circuit of the bikes. It was a case of snap a couple of shots and get the camera covered up before the dust and grit rushed in as the bikes passed us. If you decide to have a go yourself be warned - very warned !

LOL - it's not so bad from the inside....well, until it's wet, then we get muddy. Actually, sometimes we get very muddy! :LOL: Peterborough is the worst place for flying stones - I nearly lost my Sigma 70-300 a couple of years back and I'm extremely cautious using the 70-200 f2.8 there now - you can get quite close in on the outside, then the riders come at you on lap one and it's "AARGH!" I've come away from there with bruises on my face which have got me some funny looks in work the next day! Best bit of advice I can offer is ALWAYS use a filter - better a cracked filter than a damaged lens. I wouldn't worry about the dust if I were you - I shot right through Shane Parker's testimonial at Ashfield a couple of years back on a hot July afternoon - the camera was coated by the end of it but a blast off with a rocket blower and brush before I removed the lens and I had no problems. Just avoid zooming whilst it's really dusty, and don't even consider changing lens. I'm about to invest in a back-up body so I can avoid having to change lenses mid-meeting.

Back