Spider

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just started useing a macro lens and I would love to here what I can do to improve my shots.:help:

spider5.jpg

spider26.jpg

lavea.jpg

was your first spider taken in water? trying to work out what the bubbles are.Think this is a great picture.i want a macro lens now

Welcome to the forum! These look pretty good to me. (y) Tell me a bit more about #1 - great colours but what is the spider swimming in? It looks like the legs of #2 wouldn't have the strength to support that body :LOL:

#1 and #3 are in water the spider is floating in an old yellow container i found in the garden which gives it a great colour but only by accident not by plann

Excelent shots Wily23 (y)

I like that first one, very dramatic :)

I like No1. Looks like it is in amber. You could have at least given it some arm bands before throwing it in the bucket. :)

Interesting shots, what is number 2? It's, well, weird.

#2 is a harvestman spider they do look strange and it supprises me they can walk with legs like that.

Interesting shots.
As said, no1 does look as if in amber. Looks very good.
Keep hold of your old yellow tub !
No 2 looks as if you could have done slightly better with focus.

What lens are you using, did you use a pod and what about trying some flash ?

Thanks Rockshifter the lens is a canon macro EF 100mm the only flash i have at the moment is the onboard of my 400d,i'm new to this but if you mean tripod? no it was free hand. The yellow tub is staying as i hope to get a shot of the mozzies when they come out. Thanks for the coments there much appreciated.

Back