spiders :) + new edits

Name
Ruth
Edit My Images
Yes
The not eating lunch kind :D

As this spider is making its self at home in my doorway i thought i would take some pics of it, thoughts and C&C welcome.

ps its not sensor dust its wall dust;)

Last edited:
They're horrible!!

Although your photographs are great! :D Good fine detail especially in the last couple.

Neil

Good set of shots, Good details and hairyness in the last two. I think the third one is best. What lens did you use ?

Thanks guys

John i used the canon 100mm 2.8 macro, the 3rd image is a crop was more like the 2nd in its original state.

The first one is over exposed and the white balance is different in all the images. As you were using flash the WB should have been set to flash.

For me the third image is the best, nicely exposed and there's some of the web in focus on that one. The WB does need correcting, the contrast seems quite low to me and it could do with some cloning out of the 'wall dust' but other than that it's a nice shot.

Thanks Thomas for the kind words

Mark will take that on board and re process them - i will confess to adjusting the WB to make the background look less like the dirty wall it is. the white background was what i like about 1.

Mark will take that on board and re process them - i will confess to adjusting the WB to make the background look less like the dirty wall it is. the white background was what i like about 1.
Yeah, I figured as much. Problem is by over exposing you lose edge detail and highlight detail in the subject and your blacks become greys.

They all look better now. Number 3 is still the best one for me. Is that the actual colour of the wall or have you just made it that colour for effect?

Spiders are everywhere you look at the moment, :LOL: nice set Ruth ;)

Thanks Alby

Mark the wall is off white i haven't made it that colour in fact i think the actual wall is a bit darker.

Pretty good shots of a pretty horrible creature :) I like the way it looks suspended in mid air!

Back