spirit of ecstacy

Edit My Images
Yes
spirit.jpg

thank you

really like the feel but is she slightly out of focus?

Nice shot, seems a little bit flat but I like it. Next time try not to get the phoographers groin in the reflection though!!!!!

i have given it a touch more sharpness, cant do anything about the legs though, sorry, memo to self 'keep out the bloody way'.
thank you

As above really. It's a nice shot but let down by being too soft and obvious processing halos around the 'spirit' herself. Can we have some exif and PP info about the shot, maybe we can offer you some pointers then?

I think that's caused by the oversharpning brought in to combat the initial out of focusness. IYKWIM.

:)

Gandhi said:
As above really. It's a nice shot but let down by being too soft and obvious processing halos around the 'spirit' herself. Can we have some exif and PP info about the shot, maybe we can offer you some pointers then?

hi Gandhi
no exif data, took on my kodak, but PP included the usual levels etc, but i tried a new method of sat+sharpening, using a high pass filter, found the method in another forum, and can post the link should you want it.
many thanks

Boon said:
snip..but i tried a new method of sat+sharpening, using a high pass filter, found the method in another forum

Our very own Bachs posted an excellent sharpening tutorial that contains High pass as well as several other established methods.

In case you missed it, it can be found here

Steve said:
Our very own Bachs posted an excellent sharpening tutorial that contains High pass as well as several other established methods.

In case you missed it, it can be found here

thanks steve, didn't know this thread was there, looks like good reading.
many thanks:thumb:

Hi Stev - good pic but you have done better !

For me the good lady is all about style, symmetry and movement !

For style the ribbon spoils it, for symmetry you just missed the point and for movement - you know you should've moved out of frame !

Seriously though ... loadsa potential but not quite there for me this time ! IMO of course ... !

TFS though ...

thanks Ven
i realise the shot isn't great, and relish the feedback from others, good/bad, its the only way to learn, i wish i had my canon at the time though, maybe i may get to see this motor on a better day, as if you look carefull, you will see raindrops on the bonnet.
thanks

Boon said:
thanks Ven
i realise the shot isn't great, and relish the feedback from others, good/bad, its the only way to learn, i wish i had my canon at the time though, maybe i may get to see this motor on a better day, as if you look carefull, you will see raindrops on the bonnet.
thanks

You are welcome as ever Stev !

Not so sure about the learning bit ... from me at least ! Just pointing out what I like and don't - it's your shot to be happy with ! Have to say, looking at other's pics and formulating comments is not always easy but it does help the looker learn too ... strange innit ?

Ps - I did notice the raindrops and bits of dirt ?

Back