Splish splash

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hurst Spit is a 2-3 mile long shingle bank leading into the Solent with a 16th century castle at its end. I've taken a few snaps there before so this evening after a commute from London, I headed to the Spit but concentrated on the western side.

[1]
hurstjuly1.jpg

1/2s f/22.0 at 17.0mm

[2]
CRW_3144-01lomo.jpg

1s f/22.0 at 36.0mm -

[3]
hurstjuly3.jpg

13s f/22.0 at 20.0mm

It was a rather fab evening - the sunset was great although the sun does set behind Keyhaven and not over the sea.

Rest of pics: http://www.pbase.com/milou/hurst_july

Cheers :)

I really like these, especially #2 & #3.

Slow exposure water splashing around stones/rocks are on my 'to do' list.
I love the colours and in my opinion the narrow strip of sky on #3 works.
I would have maybe lifted the shadows on the right of that shot just a tad but thats just personal preference.

Beauties :thumb:

This is also on my to do list, so it looks as if the forum will be getting a deluge of smokey rock pics soon :) . 2 & 3 for me, but I think 3 could be better. I love the rocks in 3 and the smokey water, even the fence going into the water (although i'd prefer to see more of the fence) There's just something about it that's doesn't seem quite right. Maybe getting a little lower for the shot and having more sky, I don't know but the top right corner jus doesn't look right. Maybe i'm wrong or someone else could put there finger on it. They are inspiring nevertheless.

They're lovely shots, I tried this a while ago and got nowhere close to the standards of these. Nice work milou :)

First class - 2 and 3 for me too. I love the textures and colours in No2. I'd be tempted to try the shot again with an even longer shutter speed though.

Cheers guys

I do need to work on my composition rather than say, "Wow! Great light" and snap snap. But it was good to be out and about especially after all the bomb scares in central London yet alone the grim of the city.

The good thing about photography (and this is what's grabbed me in short time I've been doing it) is that that I'm never discouraged by seeing other peoples photos either, for example, here or on the excellent galleries on pbase. When I see a great shot, I think "f*****g 'ell! I wanna try and do that!"

Just been looking at the other pics and think "A view towards the shore 3" is a better pic and less of the shore seems better.

Back