Splog reflection....need advice (again lol)

Edit My Images
Yes
Trying out some drops again, still cant seem to get it right!

This time it wasnt as clear, and also I had a reflection in the water, any help with that?? is it normal? lol

I used built in flash and external flash from the left. Too much maybe? It had red dye in the water but cant really tell

please help:crying:

1/200, ISO 400 F.11 metering spot

s.jpg

Untitled-3copy-4.jpg

Untitled-2copy-2.jpg

Untitled-1copy-9.jpg

Last edited:
I Think these are Fantastic and perfect Really do Like them Well Done

Kirk

I Think these are Fantastic and perfect Really do Like them Well Done

Kirk

Im just too critical sometimes, but hey, that's how you improve I suppose lol think i needed the focus adjusting a lil bit.

Im still finding new tricks each time so suppose I will get there one day when I'm happy :bonk:

I did try to capture a big splash with an ice cube dropping, missed it and made a big mess.

Thanks

Last edited:
They look brilliant Robbo!

Whats the secret to getting the reflection?

lol if I knew I would tell you!!

I'm 'assuming' it was due to the angle, OR the external flash?

Going to try again either tonight or tomorrow see if i can get the focus sharper.

actually ive just thought! i added too much red colour, maybe it was the dark surface?!

I prefer the blueish ones. They would look great with a neutral frame round them!

Awesome work Robbo! (y)

I prefer the blueish ones. They would look great with a neutral frame round them!

Awesome work Robbo! (y)

hmmm thanks you, I feel a bit more like i havent wasted my day now! lol

Neutral frame?

I havent got round to figuring out how to do frames yet, im slowly working my way to makig my pics look more professional lol

Hi Robbo
I think they are all excellent, the reflections are really good too (y) I found that it is a lot to do with the angle of the shot and where the light is coming from :) If you place a reflector or background behind the water and then look at it from different angles you'll see the reflection and that is the angle to shoot from :cool: It also helps to put something where the drops will hit, I usually do all this when setting the focus.

Dark water also helps too :D

HTH
Steve

Hi Robbo
I think they are all excellent, the reflections are really good too (y) I found that it is a lot to do with the angle of the shot and where the light is coming from :) If you place a reflector or background behind the water and then look at it from different angles you'll see the reflection and that is the angle to shoot from :cool: It also helps to put something where the drops will hit, I usually do all this when setting the focus.

Dark water also helps too :D

HTH
Steve

thanks for the tips, i though i did set to focus like that but maybe i wobbles the camera one putting the remote clicker in it ...hmmmmm..... will have to do more :D

these are wicked - I especially like the 2nd photo. The brown ones look a lot like sepia, very nice :)

thanks for the tips, i though i did set to focus like that but maybe i wobbles the camera one putting the remote clicker in it ...hmmmmm..... will have to do more :D

I think my post could have been worded better, sorry I meant to say I check for the reflection when setting focus :bonk:

I think my post could have been worded better, sorry I meant to say I check for the reflection when setting focus :bonk:

ahhh lol i kind of get to excited n rush things some times lol

Back