Sportraits...

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, was shooting a couple of UK multisport champions over the weekend there.

The first is Catriona Morrison who is the 2007 World Duathlon champion ( thats run , bike & run). Shot down under the Firth of Forth bridge, there was really no sky to work with at all so went in for a close crop. 2 SB's my left and right, the right set to a wider spread to pick out the bike as well.
Not a huge amount of post processing on this one just a normal RAW conversion and then bring out some of the details a bit.

cat_talkforum.jpg

This is Scott Neydeli, 2007 UK Iron Man champion, (2.4 miles open water swim, 112 ml bike and a marathon afterwards). Totally different day, sky was good till 1/2 way through shoot then it clouded over and the rain came on by that time we were finishing the bike shots and we both going to end up in the water so what the hell! We did this shoot just after he'd won a Triathlon race which I was shooting as well, man he just looked so fresh! Again 2 SB's with Skyports triggering them.
The water one, the flash in on cam and with a 17ml lens.......and it was very cold!

scot_talk.jpg

scot_talk2.jpg

scot_talk3.jpg

cheers
Iain

Like the first one - a powerful image(y)

Great shots, the ones of Scott definitely look better than the versions he has on his website header *** :O

Not 100% sure about the placing of the bridge in Catriona's picture - kinda gets messy with the Xentis's - other than that another great pic!

Hi Foggy, yeah I knocked that up for him last night , we had to drop the res way down for it to load quick so the quality took a hit, think he's happy with it mind you, an improvement over what he had. I'll try PS the bridge out :)

Iain

These are all fantastic!

Another great set of sportraits Iain :clap: well done

Agree with Foggy about the bridge spoiling the sexy curve of her Xentis :naughty:

After looking at your images of sportraits, I must learn how to use off camera flash.

Fantastic stuff, they're almost 3D here (y)

Back