Spot the Birdy

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Have been baiting a small tree in the garden for a couple of weeks now and finally managed to get a couple of shots. Light was changing quite quickly and these guys don't half shift when they want to.

A couple are a tad soft (3 and 4 especially :( ), taken at 400mm wide open and not great shutter speeds, should have upped the ISO :banghead: Cropped a couple for composition. Any one got some tips on how best to shoot these guys?

bird1.jpg

bird2.jpg

bird3.jpg

bird4.jpg

bird5.jpg

2 & 5 are lovely. Rest are good shots but suffer a little from foreground getting in the way -ness.

But last one is a corker! :)

dod said:
Have been baiting a small tree in the garden for a couple of weeks now

Sorry, but when I frist read this I had images of you taunting a tree ..." you can't run around the garden like me, can you ? "...."where's all your lovely leaves now baldy ..."..."not as big as the oak tree huh "....etc :p :laugh2: . Apolgies for warped sense of humour ;) :getmecoat

btw great shots of bird

SammyC said:
But last one is a corker! :)

These are beautiful shots dod and I have to agree the last one is excellent.. :)

I tried to get something similar when some Great Tits were at the bird feeder in the garden. By the time you move your finger to the shutter they have been and gone!

Bags of patience needed - these little sods don't keep still long.

Nice shots Dodders. :)

Thanks for the comments :)

SammyC said:
but suffer a little from foreground getting in the way -ness.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll try to remember it for next time :)

gandhi, these were all single shot, I didn't find rattling off frames helped and just scared them anyway.

Back