Spot, the early bird ?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a few from an early morning walk on the nearby fens. More a study of the light than of wildlife. Comments and critique welcome.

3608282349_0ba3604817_o.jpg

3609097188_484bff8d27_o.jpg

3609097512_4d34c639c1_o.jpg

Paul

#2 is my favourite, excellent lighting and I love the scattering of ducks hidden among the reeds. Very nicely exposed (y)

I think #1 lacks some distinct interest or subject and I'm unsure about the empty space in #3.

However, very nice lighting throughout the whole set!

My first impression of No1 was that it was upside down.

I wonder if the sun itself is missing from the shots. You have the colour on the water to show that it's sunset but I'm asking myself if the sun would add to the shot?

I prefer No3

Nice and relaxing, the first is my fave. I find the muck in the third floating in the water, annoying.

Gary.

You need to set the clock on that camera!

You need to set the clock on that camera!

After 9 months I thought I had this camera sussed .... now you tell me there's a clock in it ? :bonk: :bang: .... was an hour out? not sure how?

Gary .... I agree about the muck (which is actually the reed beds) not sure how I could change that as I did try a crop but this lost the lighting which was what I wanted to concentrate on.

Boynielaad .... The sun wasn't visable due to cloud cover, the reflected light was from some breaks in the cloud, but I do see your point. I did take a shot zoomed out but I lose the impact of the light reflecting in the water.

I am finding it so difficult to get inspiration with the scenery around here ..... :(

Thx for the comments guys ....(y)

You seem to have good sharpness in the first two. My eye is always drawn to the topmost duck in #2 and the ripples he is making :)

#3 is not really doing anything for me.. not really your fault, just the fact there is so much pond life.

My first impression of No1 was that it was upside down.

I wonder if the sun itself is missing from the shots. You have the colour on the water to show that it's sunset but I'm asking myself if the sun would add to the shot?

I prefer No3

Gotta agree with Boynielaad on this
I do feel a bit of the sun would of added to these(y)

Back