Spray

Edit My Images
Yes
Nearly got wet at Kimmeridge today...

Ben

Interesting but lacks drama for me. My eye is drawn towards the over exposed water too quickly and away from the interest of the rocks. I think I would have stopped down the water using a grad. This may have also increased your shutter speed and given a little more white water blur. Maybe worth a try.

I was down at Kimmeridge on Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately the sunset was pretty weak though. Loads of other togs there. :) Maybe bump into you next time.

Best regards,
Andy.

Thanks for your comments...

>>I think I would have stopped down the water using a grad.

That assume you have a grad.... which I don't :( Guess I better save up :)

I think the over exposure on the water isn't as bad as it could be :) I wonder if messing about with the RAW file would do any good... I could generate a -1 EV JPEG and then merge the water from that with the 'normal' exposure.

>>This may have also increased your shutter speed

Surely you mean decreased? A slower speed would have lost the spiky water which is something I like.

The worst thing(for me) is that this was a grab shot - I just held the camera low and Clicked the button...

>>I was down at Kimmeridge on Saturday afternoon

Heh - Saturday was cinema day.

>>Maybe bump into you next time.

Yup - almost certainly. Though I don't get over there as often as I like.

B.

>>I think I would have stopped down the water using a grad.

That assume you have a grad.... which I don't :( Guess I better save up :)

I think the over exposure on the water isn't as bad as it could be :) I wonder if messing about with the RAW file would do any good... I could generate a -1 EV JPEG and then merge the water from that with the 'normal' exposure.
I'd definitely recommend an ND grad, even a cheap one. Its nice to have a full set but just starting with a cheapo 2-stop can dramatically improve exposures like these. It saves a lot of faffing around on the computer later for sure.

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/323-293Q/

>>This may have also increased your shutter speed

Surely you mean decreased? A slower speed would have lost the spiky water which is something I like.
LOL, Good catch. Yup, meant decrease. Decrease speed, increase duration. :)

Yup - almost certainly. Though I don't get over there as often as I like.
Tell me about it. :)

Andy.

this is nice i like it but i seems very tight. im not sure about the vertical composition did you happen to shoot it horizontal aswell and maybe abit wider?

it is a nice photo but it lacks depth which i feel is because of the limited view.

@Andyman - Thanks for your comments. I think I know where I can get an ND Grad to play with... hmm ND Grad, holder and adapter ring required. Definitely prefer that to messing on the computer!

@chris - nope sorry it is a bit tighter than it should be because I am hopeless at levels! And no I only shot it portrait. Next time though!

Ben

Back