Spring Abstract

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Was out playing this weekend looking for some perspective on photography ;) and went a bit 'snap happy'.

One of them is a simple spring morning and the other is a heavily PS'ed abstract :)

spring.jpg

tracks2.jpg

All comments/critiques/PS abuse wellcome :clap:

really like the first one, second does nothing for me at all, shame, because i think this shot has a lot of potential.
carefull of your file size,:suspect1:

First one is lovely. Some cleaner whites would be my only desire. Second one is spoiled by sky in upper left. Sort that out and you have a very strong composition. I like that sort of stuff.:smilenod:

First one is lovely. Like the composition on the second but the post processing doesn't do anything for it in my opinion.

Nice shots there, really like the first one.........There's something about the 2nd one I can't quite put my finger on, I like the idea but possibly it's a bit over processed, it does draw me nicely into the image though :)

The 2nd one seems overprocessed to me but I see quite a few like that here so maybe it's just me. The first shot is superb! :)

The original version of the tracks -

tracks3.jpg

Just a bit more natural :whistle2:

First is great Mr Grubby and the second rings my bells in style ... bit closer to the first gantry and a little lower perspective might have improved impact - imo ! And the left sky does distract quite a bit !

I much prefer the original shot, IMO the processed one just has an eerie feel of somethings not quite right. If it was my shot I would probably just adjust the saturation a little bit and leave it at that.

I just tried a (very) quick transition to Black & White and think that this may be a way to go - IMHO :)

train-tracks.jpg

I have not tried to darken the left hand of the sky but I feel the composition has more chance to impact in this format

I love the wide open space in the rail shot, hope you had your 200 quid handy for payment if caught on the line lol.

Liked the mono HIMUPNORTH , but have to agree the left hand sky ruins it a bit. I will have to give it another go a mid-day :)

I used a bit of PS cheatery to get rid off the sky problem :getmecoat

track.jpg

Looks quite effective full-res...

Excellent first shot - just my cuppa. Nice one especially the wispy mist in the distance.

milou said:
Excellent first shot - just my cuppa. Nice one especially the wispy mist in the distance.

Thanks , in the full res version you can see the spire of Ashwell church peeking through the mist , it's what caught my eye originally

Both great shots.....had to have a go with the 2nd shot :-

tracks3.jpg

Like the processing DJW , the sky has come out well . Did you do partial mirror cloning on a seperate layer to get the effect ??

I've visited the site a few times over the last few years , I took this shot with my old casio compact for a competion on another forum :-

transport.jpg

Damn it...sky on the 1st one was too good to ignore for my Mono conversion practicing .......

spring.jpg

Yep did clone out the highlight, then lassood part of right sky , copied to new layer, flipped & moved to left ;)

DJW said:
Just wish I had taken shots in 1st place to take credit ;)

Thanks :) , I took quite a few shots that morning with 'reasonable skys' , I could post them up if you feel the need for some more B&W action ;)

I like the first original, great light :)

Back