Spyder 3 Pro and Windows 10

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone use a Spyder 3 pro with windows 10. I have followed the instructions about not plugging in until software is installed etc but in the software I cannot get past the screen where it says I need to activate it. I press next and nothing happens.

Does it work with windows 10 ??

Out of curiosity I just tried the spyder 4 software ant it worked fine but would not go the whole way as it wanted a spyder 4 attached no a 3

Last edited:
Which version of the software are you using?

I've never tried the original software with Windows 10 as I had already switched to displaycal which I can confirm it works fine in Win10.

I have just been to the Displaycal site but the download wont work.

I did use it last night but it would not see the spyder either. The spyder icon actually shows in the tray and the blue light sometimes comes on so seems to be alive

Thanks that looks like they got past the point I did - I never got that far with the datacolour software

that looks like its with the DisplayCal software which at the moment wont download - Correction its working now :banana: Well the download works just got to install and try it now

I'll watch that video you posted - thank you (y)

Last edited:
Display worked great with Spyder all sorted now - thank you for the suggestion (y)
Hello John, I'm also trying to make my old Spyder 3 work on my Windows 10 computer. I'm at the same step that you describe at the beginning of the thread ( I cannot get past the screen where it says I need to activate it. I press next and nothing happens. ) : what did you do to further ?

Please read all the messages in this thread as the answers are all there. In summary: the Spyder 3 software is not supported under W10 so you need to use Displaycal instead.

Use display cal which is better anyway (but takes a long time!)
You need a special driver called argyll CMS - it will tell you that and download most likely.

I did consider updating my Spyder but instead installed DisplayCAL and it works fine.

Dave

Back