Spyder2

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Only just opened the box and I'm asking questions :eyesup:

I can not find where to disable Adobe Gamma.........it is not in my startup folder......is there anywhere else it coud be?

Thanks Ian. :ponders:

It's in control pannel...but at a guess I think it would have to be dissabled from the adobe package you are using ie. Ps or Cs.

If it is not in your startup folder there is a good chance it is not running. Are you sure that it is running?

Cheers Ken.

I will install Spyder and see how it goes.

Begining to think it was never running Steve.......even though I thought it was :whistling

Steve said:
If it is not in your startup folder there is a good chance it is not running. Are you sure that it is running?
Yeah your right Steve, it should be in your startup folder otherwise i'd prosume you are not loading it.....just do a search (find files or folder) for Adobe gamma.

Yes I searched in files and folders all the documents were there.

Tried to install but got a box that says I have Adobe or similar in startup :ponders:

P-E said:
Tried to install but got a box that says I have Adobe or similar in startup :ponders:

If you are getting that message it must be in your startup folder...just drag it out of your startup folder onto your desktop (for now) then restart your pc. It will not load Adobe Gamma that way

Steve said:
If you are getting that message it must be in your startup folder...just drag it out of your startup folder onto your desktop (for now) then restart your pc. It will not load Adobe Gamma that way

Ther are only 2 folders in my Startup folder and Adobe is not one of them.

P-E said:
Press start button (bottom left corner) go to run type "msconfig" (without "") then on the tabs at the top, go to startup scroll down and uncheck adobe gamma if it is there. If it's not then you aren't loading it.

P-E said:

Just out of curiosity (incase something else similiar is loading) what are the two?

Yes it was in there ticked Ken.

Unticked now so will try again............many thanks.

Hope there is no £1.00 charge a minute for this helpful advice ;)

P-E said:
Yes it was in there ticked Ken.

Unticked now so will try again............many thanks.

Hope there is no £1.00 charge a minute for this helpful advice ;)
You will have to reboot your computer first.
£1.50

Steve said:
Just out of curiosity (incase something else similiar is loading) what are the two?

They are Blueyonder folder and InterVideo Manager.

Thanks for the all the help I think I'm sorted now :eyesup:

One thing I notice.......on here (bearing in mind I'm told I have a colour blindness problem) the page had a pinkie look to it......now it has gone!

Nope it's definitely supposed to be pink ;)

P-E said:
Thanks for the all the help I think I'm sorted now :eyesup:

One thing I notice.......on here (bearing in mind I'm told I have a colour blindness problem) the page had a pinkie look to it......now it has gone!

Glad you got it all sorted :)

So tell us about the Spyder..how much it cost,how much difference it made, what monitor you are using it on, how it worked software wise and would you recomend it etc?

Steve said:
Glad you got it all sorted :)

So tell us about the Spyder..how much it cost,how much difference it made, what monitor you are using it on, how it worked software wise and would you recomend it etc?

Sorry here is me thinking everyone used it.

Cost £139.00 + £5.50 P&P W/EXPRESS (maybe cheaper elsewhere)

Using it on a 20" LCD MultiSync 2080UX+

Easy to use (apart from disabling Adobe :) )......just followed on screen menus.

Starts by asking if the monitor is CRT or LCD......options available on your monitor, Brightness/contrast etc.

When you have entered all that info you just place the Spyder over your screen (via USB) click next and it does its thing

As said the pinkie look on here has gone (as much as I tried using Adobe it didn't appear to go)

Would I recomend it :ponders: .......did take me sometime to part with £140.00 but for me so far imo it is worth it.

Back