st albans cathedral

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
HI, after shopping in st albans couldn't resist a shot at the cathedral and then converting to black and white. Thanks for looking
stalbans by woody174, on Flickr

Hi phil, thanks for the reply. i wasn't sure what was wrong with this but you hit the nail on the head with your comments. feel the movement in the clouds has made the image worse so found another shot identical with faster shutter speed. miminual play in elements, just constrast and lightening then convert to black and white urban. there was a smear of somekind in bottom left which i didnt notice at the time, any ideas how i could remove this.thanks for your reply

st albans2 by woody174, on Flickr

Hi Paul,

The clouds look better, the halo gone... But I liked the contrasty tones of the cathedral in the first post. It just seemed to bring out the texture of the building out more.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Hi phil, thanks for the reply. i wasn't sure what was wrong with this but you hit the nail on the head with your comments. feel the movement in the clouds has made the image worse so found another shot identical with faster shutter speed. miminual play in elements, just constrast and lightening then convert to black and white urban. there was a smear of somekind in bottom left which i didnt notice at the time, any ideas how i could remove this.thanks for your reply

st albans2 by woody174, on Flickr

Paul,

Can't see the smear but this is a much better image.

For me it just needs a little more depth, you've adjusted the contrast which is good but I think it could still pop a little more.

Hope you don't mind, I run it through PS and just added selective colour adjustment layer and increased the black in both the black and neutral channel and decreased the black in the white channel...hope you don't mind, saw some potential and thought it would be easier to show than describe.

Even as it is, it's a nice image - like I said, you could just do it some more justice, however you decide is best :)

8061190792_20143a2e8a_b.jpg

Cheers.

Back