St Austell Bay by Night

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this picture a few days ago at about 2am, its looking out over St Austell Bay from Charlestown Harbour. All C&C welcome and needed. (F3.5 18" AP).

PJ

STAustell.jpg

First attractive photo of snozzle I've ever seen :p

Like this one, although I do feel the composition is slightly too stretched, and it's a pity the moonlight is blown... perhaps a good time to try some exposure blending?

First attractive photo of snozzle I've ever seen :p

Like this one, although I do feel the composition is slightly too stretched, and it's a pity the moonlight is blown... perhaps a good time to try some exposure blending?

Its only because its dark ;)

I did take some bracketed shots to try HDR but the shots are all blown - i think i need to get a ND grad. I also took some moon shots and i needed to goto F5.6 1/250 to get a correctly exposed shot.

PJ

Was thinking what would it be like with a ND grad to get the detail out of the moon more aswell. Still a nice shot i reckon!

I think a grad would kill the texture of the cloud that's illuminated by the moonlight. HDR I think would be the way to go here. You really need a very wide range to stop highlights being blown and keeping shadow detail. I find I need a 6 stop range minimum for this type of subject.

very nice picture though and I don't really mind the moon being over bright.(y)

Nice, would look good on canvas I should imagine. Fair play on been out at 2am to get it too :)

Back