St Cyrus waterfall

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
Found myself in Montrose today with 6 hours to kill.
Decided to visit the NNR at St Cyrus at found this wee waterfall at the far end of the beach. Also found fresh Otter tracks in the wet sand.
The light was poor but I think it will be worth going back sometime.

Nice shot, looks a great location for a revisit, sunrise or set.

Nice shot, and think it would be great if you get some decent light,(y) i need to go back there sometime,

i didnt get that far along the beach last time... did you see any lizards, last time i was at St Cyrus i found quite a few sunbathing on a tree stump..

Chris.

Nice shot, and think it would be great if you get some decent light,(y) i need to go back there sometime,

i didnt get that far along the beach last time... did you see any lizards, last time i was at St Cyrus i found quite a few sunbathing on a tree stump..

Chris.

Thanks for the comments folks.
No lizards, probably too cold for them today.
Tell you what I did see though.
A man peeing against the ruins of the old kirk in the graveyard. Clarty auld b****r.

Nice complex photo with several interesting elements. Solid composition. In other words...just what we've all come to expect from Sawman. Bravo.

Nice complex photo with several interesting elements. Solid composition. In other words...just what we've all come to expect from Sawman. Bravo.

Cheers for that. Landscapes are still a bit of a struggle for me though.
I did take several shots around the waterfall, but thought this probably the best view as I wanted to get the ruin in the shot as well. Probably an old salmon fishers bothy.

Looks good to me mate. Never been to that area and it looks interested. Must make the effort.

Andy

Hi,
Is that the waterfall that has or had a (railway ?) bridge over the top.
Or is that somewhere else at St. Cyrus.
As you say will be worth a revisit for better light, it seems a bit flat to me. The trouble is it suits the water though.
C

Hi,
Is that the waterfall that has or had a (railway ?) bridge over the top.
Or is that somewhere else at St. Cyrus.
As you say will be worth a revisit for better light, it seems a bit flat to me. The trouble is it suits the water though.
C

I think you are thinking of Lunan Bay down the coast a bit. No railway near this one. (y)

Hmm it is a nice scene but somehow the composition doesn't look quite right. Couldn't move that ruin to the other side of the waterfall when you go back could you?

:)

Hmm it is a nice scene but somehow the composition doesn't look quite right. Couldn't move that ruin to the other side of the waterfall when you go back could you?

:)

We think alike!:eek:
I wanted to cross that bit of water running down to the sea to have a look from the right hand side of the shot.
Thing is with the hip playing up I thought I would probably fall in!
I am going back though as there is also the remains of a castle on a nearby headland.:)

Back