St Fergus Gas Terminal

Edit My Images
Yes
This is a photo of the giant St Fergus gas terminal situated a few miles north of Peterhead in Aberdeenshire.
Getting close enough to do a photograph which does the place justice is hard (be careful of the armed police!) but i found this vantage point from the coast.

StFergus.jpg

C&C Welcome

cheers

dave

Nice! My ex came from that area and when she was young she always though it was santa land. From the road there is a bit you can get up a bit off road level somewhere.. i remember being there one day there was a big lightning storm but only had a camera phone.

I've never seen it from that angle.. Always thought it could be a terrorist target though so in a sense its good to know that there are guards.

As for the pic I think you got the light levels just spot on :)

Very nice indeed, like the colors and mood in the image.

Would a little cropping improve the image?? Just a thought, that it might be OK to remove some of the foreground and sky to 'tighten' the image..

I like the mood of this image very much.

Be careful of MOD Plod though, not sure they'd take kindly to you photographing the place. Although what it tells you that google maps doesn't is anyones guess.

EDIT: It appears those clever people in power hid the site by the careful placement of clouds last time google uploaded pictures:bang:

A quick look for other sensitive sites suggest that this was merely coincidence and not the a demonstration of the power of government(y)

Last edited:
At first i thougt perfect subtle colours leave as it is, but on a 2nd look, a crop as GooGaBa suggests but i think just below the refection on the mud.

Back