St. Marys Lighthouse

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Promised myself a trip down to Whitley bay to get a few shots of this lighthouse and arrived to a lovely sunset....

_MG_4879%201.jpg

And stayed until after dark.....

St.%20Marys%20Lighthouse.jpg

Got back a couple of hours ago with some canny shots imo but these are the only ones I have quickly processed.
I'll post others later if you are interested.
TFL.
Ken.

Really like the 2nd one there, the lighthouse really stands out (y)

No 1. is an excellent shot.

No.1 for me, but only just. Lovely shots

I'm not going to comment on these shots until I've had a chance to check my book of Edward Hopper paintings. I'm not sure there hasn't been a little theft here. :)

Actually, that's not the first time your work has reminded me of his is it????

Thanks for the comments....
We've had some pretty strong winds these last couple of days, so my intention was to get some dramatic wave shots but by the time I arrived the tide was already in and the water pretty calm. So decided to go with filters and longer exposures to blur the water.....Really wished I got here earlier. Still, got loads of shots all of the lighthouse but from different angles which i'll process and post later.
Thanks again.
Ken.

Superb shots! Both need printing big and framing!

And to think - I was in digs at Whitley Bay back in the early 80s and never took a photo!

Must get up there sometime!

Two stunning shots - they'd make some great prints!

Any chance of showing us how it looked straight off camera? - I'd love to know how much is pure photo and how much is processing :)

Good job on #1, the frame is very appealing although the horizon seems to tail off ever so slightly to the right of the lighthouse

Thanks again guys....

Any chance of showing us how it looked straight off camera? - I'd love to know how much is pure photo and how much is processing :)
Sadly the first isn't going to look anything like out the camera as it's from 3 shots (NOT hdr)....1 for the sky, 1 for the water and 1 for the foreground. Although I decided to darken the foreground, all layered and masked in PS.
Good job on #1, the frame is very appealing although the horizon seems to tail off ever so slightly to the right of the lighthouse
I noticed and forgot all about that until after I posted....It was late ;):D
Thanks again.
Ken.

Super shots Ken, i keep thinking i have seen her in every possible mood but as you have shown the lady has plenty of charms left. Was down there myself on Sunday morning but nowt as good as these.

brian.

Two great shots, but #1 stands out for me, excellent work :clap:.

Great work again Ken.

Glad it's not just me who suffers from funny shaped light-houses.

Not that it's immediately noticeable. Just that I've had problems with the buggers recently so now whenever I see one I'm looking, if you catch my drift?

Back