St Michaels Mount - B&W/Mist

Edit My Images
No
Just spent a week in Cornwall & having just bought a Sigma 10-20 gave it a good try-out...this is a shot I can't quite decide about, it was a very misty day & landscape shots were pretty much impossible. Fortunately the weather got much better !!

Simon

ST-Michaels-Mount.jpg

I'd go for a radical crop on this image. Using the same aspect ratio, I would crop everything to the right of the large rock in the foreground. By using the same aspect ratio, this will move the horizon to the upper third. and lose some of the sky at the top which isn't adding a great deal of value to the image. Also the lens has worked well on the foreground rocks and the crop gives them an increased prominence while keeping the mount in the background. Does this help?

Great image but I would crop some of the sky too, as Russell said it doesnt really add much interest.

Thanks for the feedback,

must admit this is already a slight crop although there's room for more, I'll have a go with the suggestions

thanks

Simon

BTW..we did get some decent weather & I'll post some shots in another thread

For me the current edit is a bit bland and flat.

I would be inclined to crop out the top by about half of the sky above the mount and look to do some more PP contrast work on the BW conversion to try a tad to lighten the foreground whilst trying to darken the background to bring out the mist a bit more.

There is also a dust bunny on the LH sky area which should be removed.

Back