Staffitaxi's photo 52 - week 2 Poem (i know its late, chopped will be late too)

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
Gosh its only the first week and I'm last minute. I did take a shot earlier in the week when I was snowed in as a back up but wasn't very happy with it and decided to work on something else this weekend.

So this is my attempt at curved. I'm still not overly happy but after spending a good few hours this weekend trying to get the shot I've given up on perfection and ended up with this.

Curves2ndattempt.jpg

Last edited:
lovely shade of green, stands out against the cream background. Maybe just a tad more DOF for me.(y)

Poetry next week :D

I agree, lovely shade of green, and wonderful curve too. I've no clue what it is..

Thanks for the replies folks. I struggled to make this work to be honest. I only had natural light. The background is a cream scarf and the shutter speed was so slow I couldn't increase the depth of field as I was hand holding. I probably took around 100 shots before I decided on this one and was getting to the point of giving up.

As for what it is. I'm going to leave you guessing for just a little longer.:LOL:

Thats a nice shot Andrea :) the light is good and the reflections are well managed and its curved :) (plenty curved :))

As to what it is.....no idea at all :D and that adds to the enjoyment of viewing for me :)

great shot!! is it like a whale keyring you get out of a christams cracker??

I would never have guessed what it was. I like it though, very curvy and I'm liking the colour too :)

I've really struggled with this theme, the week i was supposed to post it was first week of term and the weekend was spent sorting out damaged goods in Rescue's garage.

And this week has just really not been a good one at work for reasons I won't go into but its been the brown stuff.

So I'm afraid your getting it late but my day today has been all about this:

Skyefor52.jpg

When God Made....

When God had made the Earth and sky, The flowers and the trees,

He then made all the animals And all the birds and bees.

And when his work was finished, Not one was quite the same.

He said, 'I'll walk this earth of mine, And give each one a name,'

And so he travelled land and sea, And everywhere he went,

A little creature followed Him Until his strength was spent.

And when all were named upon the Earth, And in the sky and sea,

The little creature said,'Dear Lord, There's not one left for me!'

The Father smiled and softly said: 'I've left you till the end.

I've turned my own name back to front, And called you DOG, my friend.

The picture is not perfect by any standards, she's got the crack of a cupboard door coming out through the top of her head but I was desperate not to get too far behind.

Still haven't got my shot for chopped but I do have the idea for it so hopefully this week sometime I might get it sorted.

Cute dog and nice portrait. The background isn't too distracting for me, but it's a shame about the hand.

Back