Stairway to hell

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
This was one of those shots when you realise the stairs you are standing on to take your main shot are in fact more interesting than your origional shot. This was light painted over a few exposures. Its one of my favourate shots so far, very Pan's labyrinth.

creepy stairway by A.M.G Photography, on Flickr

Its a great piece of work, i find myself drawn to walk up the stairs just to have a peep to see what is beyond. Just can't fault it. (y)

Have to agree with Rocket, great piece of work. I love the way the tree seems to be spreading it's branches like arms.

Thanks everyone, it needs a bit of tweeking but all in all im pretty happy with it.

i love this image too ... evokes a creepy, spooky feel and sends a chill down my spine

well done

Great photo! How much "tweeking" has gone into this so far?
Well it was three exposures as i remember, two on the stairway and one i had a friend fire the shutter while i was up the hill with a torch painting the tree. In post it was your usual sharpen and touch up with the brush in lightroom to bring up the exposure on parts. Then i added a green tinge to it because the stairs were that colour.

It was good fun, roaming around with my mate Dave and an ipod in the side pocket of my backpak playing some doors tunes. It was in the middle of nowhere under a railway bridge at 2 in the morning, and there were two railway workers that must have thought we were off our heads :LOL:

Last edited:
Cheers (y). it is without doubt the strangest set of stairs iv ever come across, out there all on their own on some random hill, totally neglected.

This is great! I have some friends in uni that are experimenting with this idea for their work :)

Excellent shot, very spooky and evocative.

Andy

Thanks again everyone who checked it out, Matt that could be a good plan, its quite close to my house so i can maybe return and give that a go.

Back