Beginner Stairway to Photography

Edit My Images
Yes
I've been wanting to get into photography for a while now and decided to pick up a used Nikon D90 and get out there after so much reading and youtubing. This image is from my first day out with it and I hope it to be the first of many.
Please feel free to provide me with any feedback and don't feel obliged to sugarcoat it!

stairs
by Darkness Shines on Talk Photography

Not at all bad for a first go :) Not entirely sure the bland sky adds much, other than a "wonder what's at the top?2 type question ... The out of focus step(s) at the bottom are a little uncomfortable.

Agree with Paul

One thought with the steps is to also stand back a little to get the edge of the steps finishing lower in the frame rather than half way up. IMO the shot as it is framed gives the impression of being too close.

Could also work well as a black and white conversion

Good attempt, I would be looking to tilt the camera down slightly to bring the top of the stairs higher in the picture and also to reduce the size of the 1st step at the bottom which for me is to big and distracting. Try have cropping a little and also give it a go in B+W see what it looks like as it looks like theres quite a bit of texture in the stairs which will show more in mono.

Back