Stanage Edge - 2

Name
Les
Edit My Images
No
Another from a trip out yesterday to Stanage Edge, this one as you can see is late into the afternoon.

Thanks again for taking the time to view. Les F

MG_2911--Stan-3.jpg

That is a great picture, even though it is of Lancashire ;)

Ben

rather good that

snow in the foreground looks a little blue but that could just be this crummy laptop, really nice shot of a really nice location

i like this one :clap:dont get views like that down this way:shrug:

err, isn't it in the peak district ? Derbyshire ?

Nice shot by the way ;)

looks like the shot is taken standing on the border line between Derbyshire & Sheffield (it runs along the top edge of the Stanage Edge cliff), and its looking into Derbyshire

looks like the shot is taken standing on the border line between Derbyshire & Sheffield (it runs along the top edge of the Stanage Edge cliff), and its looking into Derbyshire

So it's either Derbyshire or South Yorkshire then :D

Very nice. This is a place I want to go to, but I can see it being bit of a bugger to get to with public transport!!

snow in the foreground looks a little blue but that could just be this crummy laptop, really nice shot of a really nice location

Yeah it is showing up on mine as quite blue.

Very nice. This is a place I want to go to, but I can see it being bit of a bugger to get to with public transport!!

If you need the bus then see if there's one to Sheffield and then look for one to Hathersage or Bamford. Or see if there's a bus along the A57 Snake road and stop at the county boundary for Derbyshire and the Sheffield Country Walk path runs along Stanage from there.

QUOTE]

its actually only a few miles west of Sheffield city centre, but it's a bit of a wild area

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=423500&Y=384500&A=Y&Z=4

I think the photos were probably taken from somewhere around High Neb?

It's exposed and catches the weather so if you go walking there make sure you are properly equipped (not just trainers and camera :nono:) for hill walking.

Its a few years since I drove it but there's a classic green lane through from the reservoir along the byway to Stanedge Pole (lovely run, its a paved roman road) and then down the UCR (unclassified county road) that runs along the cliff face, but its a dramatic (scary) run and you need a real 4x4 with proper suspension travel and ground clearance (not a supermarket warrior) due to the rock steps

Cheers for the comments all, the shot was towards the Burbage Edge side and just to the left after the climb from the Hooks car park at at the T junction. Take the Ringinglow Road out of Sheffield.
At its best its cold and windy on the top but it can be well worth it

Nice shot, Deffo Derbyshire. Sheffield stops at fox house corner :)
Spent some long hard days climbing on stanage in the past! :) great place, well captured.

Am I missing the joke here, or are you having a laugh ? :thinking:

My bad :bang: :bang: :bang:- the Standedge I know is a bit further north than this one - same rock formation though. I assumed the usual level of interweb spelling affected TP as well as everywhere else :D :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Ben

Ah, interweb spelling, I know what you mean - why can't the kids spell these days? I use one particular forum and the spelling and grammar is atracious on there..... I can accept a typo or two, but constant use of 'there' instead of 'their' or even 'there' instead of they're is beyond belief. Rant over. Still a good picture though.

Back