star trails with a backdrop

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone any ideas for a suitable location around the Doncaster area. I am looking for something to act as a focal point with star trails as the backdrop but struggling to think of suitable ruins or features

Cheers

JD

conisborough castle or water tower, the bridge over the River Don at Sprotborough lock,bit further away but what about keppels column in rotherham,might have trouble with light pollution with that one though.

Cheers never even heard of the abbey and worked in maltby for 6 months

Few problems with Roche abbey. First it's an English heritage site and according to the website closes from October till march. Second it's in a valley so the views of the sky are pretty limited and the last time I was there I was walking along the path that goes around the outside of the grounds and I saw a gang of 15 or 20 youths drinking and larking about in the abbey. Now I'm not saying they would have caused any bother but is it worth the risk.

Isnt there still a large water tower on the way from Bawtry to Donny?Its on a big hill if i remember right.Might be worth a shot.......or two lol

the youths could be anywhere really though..

not shot down there, so thanks for the details.

but theres loads of water towers around donny....

Back