Star trails

Name
AndyT
Edit My Images
Yes
Seen some people do this before and am impressed so thought would have ago myself, not sure where to put it, but I think it counts a scenery ??

This is about 12 * 5 min shots stacked in cs2 - wasnt sure how to do it so possibly could have been better, the amp glow in the corners is a bit annoying, anyone know if this is normal for a d80 or do I have a dodgy sensor?

startrail2.jpg

Yes I like this as well, I am trying to get some good night time shots myself (which may take some time!!) however I do agree a nice black sihoutte of the mountains would really fit this photo. I'm wondering if the red glow is the source of the red colouring of the foreground objects?!?!

Very nice shot. (y)
Could you clone out the BTable ?? :shrug:

Andy could I take a similar shot using Photoshop 7 ?? :shrug:

Yes I like this as well, I am trying to get some good night time shots myself (which may take some time!!) however I do agree a nice black sihoutte of the mountains would really fit this photo. I'm wondering if the red glow is the source of the red colouring of the foreground objects?!?!
thanks for the comments .. i'll have a go at cropping and / or cloning sometime
the glow from the top corners is definately not from any other light source, i suspect it is due to over heating of (or near) the CCD chip - a common issue with CCD seen it using a CCD webcam for longer exposure astrophotography
the redness of the bird table is probably partly due to over exposure of it and the way i have stacked the images - i'll have to re-check some of the individual images when i get home.

to Gibbo, i just added each image as a new layer and adjusted the transparency of the layers so i could see all the details, i am sure PS7 will allow the same - whether it is the best way to do this remains to be seen .. i am sure someone more experienced will confirm or deny ... maybe :)

Back