Stars over Blea Tarn, Langdale, Cumbria

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
It's a bit noisier than I'd like, but I had to push it to get enough stars on a well moonlit night.

Your image has greatly suffer from the compression!

However I guess in full res it must be looking very good! Unusual to see black and white nightscape photography but it work well. Superb details in the landscape part of the picture. Was this lighted up by the moon? Is it a composite of two exposure?

Yeah, not sure why this one compressed so badly when I used my usual Facebook-setting on Lightroom, the full-res is much cleaner.

Just one image, the moon was just about full and it was a clear night so it was pretty bright so no need for a composite this time around.

I like it a lot! I've tried a bit of astro recently and seems full moon and clear skies is where it is at!

Only if you to shoot somewhere that needs lighting up. Otherwise you'll miss a lot of stars. It's incredible the difference between a full moon and new moon.
I suppose so, yes, I quite like the stars in context look that full moon seems to give. Anyway something to muck around with and try for me!

Back