Starting from scratch with Nikon Z50

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,
As I am nearing retirement, and will have much more spare time on my hands, I am looking to renew my appetite for photography.
Since I have had Nikon kit in the past, I am naturally being drawn to the Nikon Z50, but can not decide on lens selection.

I really prefer to start with a single do it all, carry everywhere lens and am interested in the Nikkor Z 24-200mm f4-6.3 VR

Does this sound like a sensible starting point to get me going?

Would you have any other recommendations within a similar price range?

Hi All,
As I am nearing retirement, and will have much more spare time on my hands, I am looking to renew my appetite for photography.
Since I have had Nikon kit in the past, I am naturally being drawn to the Nikon Z50, but can not decide on lens selection.

I really prefer to start with a single do it all, carry everywhere lens and am interested in the Nikkor Z 24-200mm f4-6.3 VR

Does this sound like a sensible starting point to get me going?

Would you have any other recommendations within a similar price range?
Hi and welcome. Just remember that the Z50 has an APS-C sensor, therefore the (excellent) 24-200 has a field of view equivalent to 36-300. May I suggest instead you consider the full-frame Z5, more expensive but with a larger native lens selection. You can get it as a kit with the 24-200.

Thankyou for your help everyone, it looks like the Z5 with 24-200 may be the way to go. I guess an additional 300g in weight won't be a real problem if I have a decent bag & strap.

The Nikon Z 50 can be bought with a twin lens combination, those being the 16-50mm and 50-250mm.

Both lenses are well regarded and ideal to get you up and running with the Z50.

Back