Startrail over mysterious island

Love it, it's really mysterious:)
Would like to know more about the PP;)

To heck with knowing the PP... What a great picture

Print and frame it BIG.

Brilliant as always Andrew (y) the only thing that I'm not totally sure about is the foreground rock, it we were talking about a normal landscape I would be great but with the wonderful sky I just think it's not really needed, not that it's a massive distraction :D

Matt

Love it, it's really mysterious:)
Would like to know more about the PP;)

Thanks. PP is very limited. Spent a lot of time on location getting the settings close to what I wanted it so once it was on the computer it was just some localised adjustments to WB, saturation & contrast

To heck with knowing the PP... What a great picture

Print and frame it BIG.

What a nice comment! A mahoosive print is on the agenda :)

Brilliant as always Andrew (y) the only thing that I'm not totally sure about is the foreground rock, it we were talking about a normal landscape I would be great but with the wonderful sky I just think it's not really needed, not that it's a massive distraction :D

Matt

Cheers Matt. It was so dark I wasn't sure at first what that object is. Old boat, buoy, concrete block? Can't tell.

One thing that was certain - moving it wasn't an option, and in the end I think it does a great job of lessening the impact of the brightness on the lake at the left-hand side.

Cheers Matt. It was so dark I wasn't sure at first what that object is. Old boat, buoy, concrete block? Can't tell.

One thing that was certain - moving it wasn't an option, and in the end I think it does a great job of lessening the impact of the brightness on the lake at the left-hand side.

Indeed it does (y)

Really fine shot, I like.

Just reminded me i need to attempt a star trail picture one day, put it on the to do list, if half as good as yours will be happy :clap:

Not normally a fan of star trails but this one is a bit special.

That's excellent, nothing more to say really. Where is this?

Paul.

What was your exposure times? Number of pictures taken?

Ive just got my intervolto meter and my new camera im just waiting for a nice clear night to get setup

Thanks all.

I've just added a <a href='http://longexposuretips.blogspot.com/2011/11/making-of-out-after-midnight.html'>blog post</a> with some insight to the night's shooting and a couple of tech nuggets.

Paul - it's on the outskirts of Kuopio, eastern Finland where I was a couple of weeks ago.

Tom - cloning the bush - maaaayyybbee.

Martyn - think the tech details are on the blog. Appx 25x60sec, manually intervalled.

Really very very good, I would love to have the composition, location skills required to get this shot.

Awesome! Been reading a tutorial... Must give this a go - it's the best I've seen so far :) x

Brilliant shot. i love the mysterious mistiness and the reflection of the trees in the water.

Back