Ste-Robert

Edit My Images
Yes
Last village in our short tour of the East of the Dordogne.

#1 - replacement for the topless church

2746553371_a7d42b6f8d_o.jpg

2746271571_f75617d854_o.jpg

2747106274_c337319a26_o.jpg

2747110496_c94dccd61b_o.jpg

We were hungry and stopped for a snack; one of the worst Croques Monsieur that I have ever had.

Last edited:
Another good set, good stone tone and detail again

#2, #3 and #4 are lovely and reflect the picturesque and tranquil setting that it is. I can't quite make my mind up about #1, the angles seem a bit off, which seems odd with one of your photos - and I can't find the pointed top to the church roof ;).

Good set though, you have captured the setting well.

Cheers,

Neil(y)

#3 is my pick of this set Russell - love the way the line sweeps your eye round the corner.

I like no 1 but that missing top bit :( (edit one in :))

Looks like a lovely place!

Another good set, good stone tone and detail again

Thanks. Your hint about checking levels has made a world of difference to the post prod of my photographs. You've allowed me to present what was in the camera with the minimum of alteration. Simple is best by me and you're shown me a way to achieve it, many thanks.

#2, #3 and #4 are lovely and reflect the picturesque and tranquil setting that it is. I can't quite make my mind up about #1, the angles seem a bit off, which seems odd with one of your photos - and I can't find the pointed top to the church roof ;).

Good set though, you have captured the setting well.

Cheers,

Neil(y)

Thanks, #1 is definitely a foulup. I'm going to replace it with another image from the village.

#3 is my pick of this set Russell - love the way the line sweeps your eye round the corner.

I like no 1 but that missing top bit :( (edit one in :))

Looks like a lovely place!

Thanks, it has a sign on the way into the village that it announces that it is one of the most beautiful villages in France. Can't argue with that, though it does not feature in the Rough Guide to the Dordogne.

No. 3 for me, the sweep of the road and the collie sitting on the step

Thanks, I was so busy trying to get the houses on the left vertical that I never noticed the collie. I did want the sweep of the road. Mind you, it seems all the roads in the Dordogne sweep sooner rather than later.

I have replaced the image of the church with no top with another of the lanes in the village. Real foul up, posting an incomplete object through carelessness.

These are very nice. I would go for #1 as my favourite.

We've just got back from a few days in and around Bayeux and failed to get any photos as peaceful as yours. We had tourists everywhere making it nigh on impossible to get shots of the nice sidestreets in Bayeux without people in them, at least in daylight hours. Shame.

Last edited:
These are very nice. I would go for #1 as my favourite.

We've just got back from a few days in and around Bayeux and failed to get any photos as peaceful as yours. We had tourists everywhere making it nigh on impossible to get shots of the nice sidestreets in Bayeux without people in them, at least in daylight hours. Shame.

Bayeux is so nice too. We went there some time ago, my wife broke her leg in St Malo and that was the end of that holiday. She spent three days in the hospital in Bayeux, better food than an English restaurant. Thanks for the comments.

Back