Steall Falls, Nevis Gorge

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I went on this walk while up in the highlands last week. It was a little wet, and the cloud was quite low, but it still provided some stunning views.

C+C much appreciated (good and bad) as I'm still quite new to this landscape lark.

1 - Stepping Stones

2 - Ben Nevis Water Slide

There's a landscape take on this one in my Flickr set, but I think the walkers at the bottom add a nice sense of scale.

3 - Steall Falls

4 - Glen Nevis

Cheers,
Jim.

A nice set taken under what was obviously less-than-favorable lighting conditions. The country is beautiful, and your composition is generally quite good. Too bad the fog and heavy overcast sometimes conspired to make proper exposure nearly impossible.

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated (y)

The stones really lead you into the frame.
Cheers. That was the first time I've seen something and known exactly what the shot was going to be, rather than trying desperately to turn an impressive view into an interesting photo (which I'm rapidly discovering is the magic art of landscape photography, not settings, filters etc...)

A nice set taken under what was obviously less-than-favorable lighting conditions. The country is beautiful, and your composition is generally quite good.
Thanks. I've been really trying with composition, rather than just snapping away and hoping.

Too bad the fog and heavy overcast sometimes conspired to make proper exposure nearly impossible.
Any chance you could expand a bit on this please? I thought the exposure was OK in that the shadows and highlights are (mostly) intact, so I guess you were talking about something else?

Ta,
Jim.

Back