Steam Trains - help & advice please

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Got an urge to go take some photo's of steam trains - in motion rather than at a show . I'd really love to get something going over the Ribbleshead viaduct to print as a present for my Dad

I've had a look at some sites but struggling as don't know enough about where the tracks go etc & fairly hopeless at trying to work out what times the trains go past some accessible spots so was hoping to get some help from this site

So ...does anyone with experience have any info / be interested in a mini meet ? I'm guessing the Settle Carlisle line would be best but open to any ideas. I'm near Sheffield so obviously have to travel a way but can do early starts :eek:

Thanks in advance for any help
:wave:

Have a look at some railway magazines at the news agent such as Steam Railway or Heritage Railway. Towards the back you will find details of steam tours from a number of companies together with dates and times. The ones which go on the Settle - Carlisle line are usually called the Cumbrian Mountain Express.

Hi the war weekend is on from Bury to Ratenstall this weekend (Bank holiday) and there are a few good places to get shots from of the war weekend and the steam trains ...

Hi the war weekend is on from Bury to Ratenstall this weekend (Bank holiday) and there are a few good places to get shots from of the war weekend and the steam trains ...

Burrs Country Park is a good spot for the locos.
I will be there on Sat (Bolton St Station)
Going Andy?

Burrs Country Park is a good spot for the locos.
I will be there on Sat (Bolton St Station)
Going Andy?

Was thinking of so - the spitfire is doing a fly past as well over Bolton Street station late Saturday afternoon (weather permitting) trying to find out if its coming up the valley.

Ill drop you a PM later in week if you fancy meeting up ...

Was thinking of so - the spitfire is doing a fly past as well over Bolton Street station late Saturday afternoon (weather permitting) trying to find out if its coming up the valley.

Ill drop you a PM later in week if you fancy meeting up ...

Yep, JustDave normally goes, but I think he's on holiday.
Ill await your PM! (y)

'pologies for taking a while to pop back in guy's :crying:

Appreciate the links & infor...been having a nosey round the sites mentioned , plenty of info to go at so hopefully by the ned of the summer I'll have the shot I'm after

Thanks again (y)

Back