Steel Works

Edit My Images
Yes
A steel foundry until January 2012. The owners of the plant went into administration and workers came to work to be told that they no longer had a job. Nothing has happened since that day, everything lays exactly as it was, just with a layer of dust covering every last bit of history which was left behind. Another victim of Britain's lack of support for industry.

8080691418_03fc727859_c.jpg

8080533142_910177ba72_c.jpg

8080628804_65482a4fcc_c.jpg

8080633121_3b20002f5a_c.jpg

8080627876_341809b276_c.jpg

8080632147_d769c3bdf1_c.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Some great shots in there

Far too many to crit but a great set of photos, well processed and interesting :)

Very good set of pics 3, 8 and 10 stand out for me. Where is this and are you allowed to just walk in ?

As said too many to properly crit (3 is about right if you want constructive crit), but 3 and 6 stand out for me, love the reflections in 3, and the almost optical illusion of 6

Very well done with the HDR processing too, absolutely spot on

Thanks for the comments, and no do not attempt to just walk in.......unless you your willing to have Kent constabulary all over you...........lol

I am not a great fan of HDR but thwese are very apealing and powerful. I particulary like 3 and 8. If you don't mind me asking how did you get access to such an interesting location?

These are really cool and look like something out of a science fiction film set!

8 is my favourite

Great images capturing our history, shameful lack of support from the Government, open cast mining is coming back because we are running out of coal so you watch, this will be the same.

Really nice use of HDR. 3,7 and 8 are the ones I like. Thanks for sharing.

These are fantastic....you get a real feel for the place....
Number 3, 8 and 12 are the ones I like the most...

These shots took me back a bit, when I worked at a steelworks. Great photos and processing.

Absolute corkers mate well done love the HDR effect it really gives depth and feeling, a great set of images for a record of what was!

rpsmith79 said:
As said too many to properly crit (3 is about right if you want constructive crit), but 3 and 6 stand out for me, love the reflections in 3, and the almost optical illusion of 6

I'll go with this.

Clarity on these is outstanding.

As an ex-steelworker these bring back memories of the times i had there. Isn't that what photography is all about.

Superb, and thanks.

Great set of images
Even better social comment
Well done:clap:
Sadly reminded me of Thatcher time on Merseyside:shake:

Mal

Back