Stepping out of my comfort zone...into landscapes (sunsets)

Defiance

Green and Hairy
Edit My Images
Yes
I was on holiday recently and had stopped with the family to watch the sunset. I didn't expect it to be all that spectacular as the sky was clear. Anyhow, once the sun went down, I noticed some beautiful colours appear and made a quick grab for my camera and tripod. I had to make do with the 50mm prime fitted and my only composition option was basically what was in front of me. I don't own any ND grads or anything fancy like that, but thought I'd have a go at some landscape shots and long exposures. I likes these 3 the best...

All C&C would be very gratefully received as always :)

1. 2.5 second exposure:

France2009-10.jpg

2. 30 second exposure (I think this is a bit too pink and the composition too tight):

France2009-11.jpg

3. 25 second exposure:

France2009-12.jpg

Thank you for looking :)

I like 1 and 3, especially #3, a strong and bold image.

I'd be tempted to combine a couple of those into one shot. The warm light on the ground in the second one is lovely and has enough detail in it to leave it as is. I'd rather see that than the pure silhouetting in the other two. The sky however is better in 1 and 3 so you could use one of those.

number 1 is great.. love the colour of the sky... not sure if its my eyes/monitor but is there something funny going on with the point of land sticking out.. doesn't look quite right

No 1 is the one I prefer - though they are all beautiful!

It kinda knocks your eye out with it's colours and calmness - really stunning!

I like 1 and 3, especially #3, a strong and bold image.

Thank you :) I liked the sky in the first and the water in the 3rd, however they are both my favourites.

I'd be tempted to combine a couple of those into one shot. The warm light on the ground in the second one is lovely and has enough detail in it to leave it as is. I'd rather see that than the pure silhouetting in the other two. The sky however is better in 1 and 3 so you could use one of those.

Thank you too :) If I knew how to do it, i'd be tempted combine the sky of the first with the water in the third just to see how it looks and as you suggest also try the sky in the first with the foreground in the second.

number 1 is great.. love the colour of the sky... not sure if its my eyes/monitor but is there something funny going on with the point of land sticking out.. doesn't look quite right

Thank you also :) I can see what you mean about the point of the rocks, I think it's caused by angle at which the camera is to the water and rocks and/or the line of the water against the maybe and/or the line of the rocks.

No 1 is the one I prefer - though they are all beautiful!

It kinda knocks your eye out with it's colours and calmness - really stunning!

Thank you for your very kind comments :)

Love both 1 & 3 , however if I were to choose it would be number 1

Good work.....

Many thanks :) I think number 1 is my overall favourite...just :)

No filters, wow fantastic!

Thank you very much :) I didn't think i'd stand a chance without filters...have ordered some to see what I can do with them :)

Very nice :)

My faves No.1..the colours of the sky. Did you do much processing on them?

Three stunning images Rob, really really beautiful!

#1 amd #3 would make wonderful canvases :)

Back