Stig of the dump.

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Someone told me recently, that I should get out more and take images of something other than big cat gob / tonsil shots
That got me thinking, I have a lot of images laying around that I never do anything with.

I spend a lot of time on landfill sites, I take images as the mood takes me, but being a hostile environment, I only carry a phone and a little point and shoot.
Photography is generally not allowed, so I won't identify any of the companies or the locations concerned.

I've got 5 sun up ( or as near as damn it) pictures to kick off with, taken "out East" this week.
And I'll add a few of those I took awhile back, as I find them, but still intersperse these with new ones.

Mon

Mon.jpg

Tues

Tue.jpg

Weds (after the sky cleared)

Weds.jpg

Thursday (After over night rain)

Thurs.jpg

Friday ( the sun just couldn't be arsed today and it never let up raining)

Fri.jpg

Stig and his Jam Jar window, lol, and the fight with the lighter...haha I remember that program...

The next few are not for the squeamish,
and possibly NSFW

Oi! over 'ere! a little help if you please!

Diesel Pere x Prairie earning his keep

Pere-praire.jpg

Erm excuse me, do I stare at you when you are eating?
Honey Gyr x Saker
Best damned pit bird I ever trained and flew, unfortunately she's not mine and I had to give her back.

GxS.jpg

I didn't do it honest, I found it like this, yes really that's it, I found it like this!
Muppet by name Muppet by nature!
(Harris Hawk)

hh11.jpg

Liking your new project Chris.
I would never have thought about landfill sites with photographic potential but you've certainly hit on something here. Good work.

The 'crime scene' pics make the project more than a collection of landfill-scapes. :)

Liking your new project Chris.
I would never have thought about landfill sites with photographic potential but you've certainly hit on something here. Good work.
Thanks for dropping by Iain (y)
The 'crime scene' pics make the project more than a collection of landfill-scapes. :)
Thanks Dave (y)
There is actually a lot of activity in and around a land fill, and a surprising amount of wildlife too.
Although I will struggle with these due the equipment that I'm using unfortunately, I'll try not to do all "scapes"
The crime scenes however, are easy :D

I was training someone at the time, way down south, so I managed to get a few half decent images, while they were flying the birds.

Honey ( Gyr x Saker ) on Patrol

H3.jpg

Coming into land

H4.jpg

Well earned rest
Not all landfills are ugly scarred places, they are reclaimed and planted as an area is finished.

IMG_4760.jpg

Curiously another hawk called honey, a pere x lanner this time
My turn, my turn, can I go now? Huh? Can I? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze

IMG_4853.jpg

Bandits at 12 o'Clock low!

PL1.jpg

A split second before the fold and drop ( tear drop stoop)

PL2.jpg

Back