still pink. original pic added..!

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
ok so people did not like the crop here is another from tonight..

klw-2.jpg

original photo
klw-original.jpg

md:love:

Last edited:
Is she really as angelic as she looks MD? :D
lovely looking kid (y)

Is she really as angelic as she looks MD? :D
lovely looking kid (y)

:love: yes mate she is a angel :love:

md(y)

thanks for the comment (y)

I forgot to say the photo aint too bad either :D (y)

... still pretty, still a cracking image, still an angel to behold. Well done.

Lovely photo Dave. Not sure about "Angel", there's definitely a look of mischief in those eyes! :LOL:

Having met the young lady, I can confirm she is a corker and an angel at that.

Not sure about this one Dave, it looks over-lit and a bit contrasty? :thinking:

3047992544_e9c363ca6c_o.jpg

I can't remember what I've done tbh, it looks better to me on my monitor, but I can't get it quite how I'd like.

Cracking shot of a beautiful little lass! :D

I don't mind contrasty, even of kids

But I do think you're over-doing it on the eyes, as in this image I can see no hint of veins at all (which is just plain unnatural), and the sharpness of the iris is a little OTT too

Unless of course... she has unbelievably sharp/contrasty iris' and vein-less eyeballs ??? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

For me, you just need to tone those two areas down a wee bit, sharpen & lighten by all means, but be careful it still looks real

Oh, and aside from the eyes still, CT's looks flat as a fart :D

DD

I hatr it when you get all technical. :LOL:

Some people like a full technical appraisal CT - so I always try to give one

Even where one has to use non-photo technical terms sometimes... like 'fart'

Here to help (y)

DD

(DD - 2008 Sponsor of the Campaign for Plain English's 'tell it like it is - bluntly' Chapter)

LOL Said fart duly unflattened and restored the white bg you guys are so fond of. ;)

3047517719_7a4e241a2a_o.jpg

White is just so much more convenient CT - at least in a full body shot anyway

Just shot some recently with a nice grey background too you'll be pleased to know (that's white, unlit directly); and even some on a nice black background (which was still white, but totally unlit!)

That said, I shot 1,137 images of 29 tots in 3 1/2 hours straight yesterday morning on white (y)

DD

DD

Just pullin' your leg mate,I can appreciate why white makes sense, and it's all in how you light it innit. ;)

I like your original MD for the subject being such an adorable young lady :)

That being said, I don't like the overall pinkness to the shot. I know her hat is pink, but there seems to be just a little too much of a pink cast over the whole of her face too. I took it to my PSPPx2 and did a fade correction to 5 (not sure if that will mean anything to a ps user :shrug:) and it corrected it for me. I also did a 4 degree tilt to the left and then cropped in tight to just about where the outer edge of her hair is on the left, and brought it down so her eyes are on the third. I like that better personally. It might have been easier just to show you ... never mind.

Oh, and I don't do portraits very often, which means I could be completely wrong. So you have every right to completely ignore me ;)

I agree about the skin tones, that's the biggest problem really with the shot, although for me, the skin tones are verging more on the blue/purple from the eyes down, then from the eyes up, there's more of a yellow gold cast, which is a bit odd. I dunno whether it's caused by a reflector or gel, or possibly something to do with the processing - I tend to suspect the latter.

It's a nice shot though Dave. :wave:

:nuts:

thanks for all the comments guys really does mean alot .

as i said this was just a snap i wanted to see what the 30d was like before she went to bed..

DD the eyes have not been touched ..

i have added a original which has only been resized for web and a min usm.

so folks can see what i have done...

md:clap:

Back