Stocks Water

Name
Richard Black
Edit My Images
Yes
Popped over today with the camera and the dog, got a quick shot whilst walking.
Not 100% on this one.
DSC_216722.jpg

If anything this shot has told me "buy a polariser"

Not enough interest or contrast is there? No decent reflection in the water. Maybe better if cropped so there's more sky, as that's the best part! :)

Vecsri...nice shot of a pretty scene. Colors are good. Have you thought about cropping out some of the water with ripples? Also, your heavy black border weighs down the photo a bit, to my way of thinking.

Ok there are two things that this shot needs imho, and they are both compositional. The first is a focal point. Try and find something bold or different than the surroundings to have in the frame. The point being that it is somewhere for the eye to rest once in the image, as it were.

The second is that the shot needs some lines to lead the eye into the shot in the first place. I don't know this scene at all, so it's hard to recomment things to use, but generic things such as hedges or shore lines, perhaps even lines formed due to reflections in water?

That said, you have exposed this shot well, and the sky holds interest. Keep it up, it all takes practise :)

beauty nature pic-maybe a crop would work well= )

Not sure how to crop this on right really.
Might give up on this one :p

Back