Stokenchurch - my turn - more red kites!

hashcake

Gone to pot!
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm sure most people are bored these photos from the meet but it's nice for those of us who attended to see each others efforts.
Overall I'm quite happy with my results as it's my first decent attempt with birds in flight.
I'm not sure if the background on #5 is a bit harsh but it's the best shot I have where it's not the underside of a kite :)

5646186622_9a52ce125d_b.jpg

5645623285_738236271c_b.jpg

5645623151_9a81040704_b.jpg

5645622999_b89af11645_b.jpg

5646186480_50a849a743_b.jpg

1 & 5 for me.. 5 Works well with the green in the b/g

Nice .

Regards MD(y)

Very nice shots, I think No 1 is great.

Best wishes, Mark

Good set, looks like you all had a good time.

Thanks Ken, it was a fantastic day.
I was my first time seeing these birds so close.
Even though I am no generally a fan of scavengers, there is certainly something special about Kites.

1 & 5 for me.. 5 Works well with the green in the b/g

Nice .

Regards MD(y)

Thank you, especially as you say the green back ground works :)

You got to hand it to the boy! You have a great set there Darran. Your patience has paid off!

Pretty good first effort Darren(y) Not much wrong with No 5 good shot. I find rightly or wrongly that giving the reds and yellows a bit of a boost saturation wise, brings them up nicely, as long as its not overdone.

Pretty good first effort Darren(y) Not much wrong with No 5 good shot. I find rightly or wrongly that giving the reds and yellows a bit of a boost saturation wise, brings them up nicely, as long as its not overdone.

Thanks Brian, valid points, after all, they are called 'Red' Kites for a reason :)
Looking forward to you positing a shot of the Buzzard, I know your perseverance will win, eventually :D

Great set mate can't wait to see the photos of them diving for food.

:LOL: Not from me you won't, they are either a blur or a nice sharp shot where there should be a bird!

Last edited:
great shots.Were they taken with 100-400?What was your settings?

Yes there were all taken with the 100-400L.
As for the settings, well throughout the day I was experimenting with IS on/off and evaluative and partial metering.
You can check the exif data for each photo on my flickr although I'm not sure if the exif with show that I mainly used a custom AV setting.

:(:( was sure i would find the piccies of the cakes in your thread :LOL::LOL:

Some great shots there (y)

Back