Stonehenge at dawn

Name
Aura
Edit My Images
Yes
I created this using royalty free backgrounds from Picasa via Picnic. I thought I would be a bit creative, if this isn't in the right forum can you let me know please? Can you tell me if this image works? Many thanks.

Stonehenge.jpg

That's really different but I think that this really needs to be in the creative section, and I'm going to suggest to a mod that it gets moved to there (y) If image honest this really isn't for me :shrug: to my eye you've gone to far with the editing, it's just not subtle enough to make you think that it could be something that was captured in camera, it's too obviously faked, also truthfully it looks like the base image of SH is OOF unless this has been caused by the PP work done on the image, I personally would like to see and unedited image as I'm sure there must be some potential there (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Sorry doesnt work for me either agree with MWHCVT

Hi Aura,

I think it's a really good effort but why it doesn't work for me is that the light from the centre of the circle conflicts with the light behind you casting shadows in the foreground. Stonehenge is a fascinating subject in it's own right, your lucky to live near there and it would be great to see some very natural shots (sunrise / sunsets etc)

Nick

Two words.

focal Point.

and another point..........

The light source is behind Stonehenge, yet the foreground shadows are cast from something behind you :shrug: (assuming you took any of the images that created this erm...... amalgamation of digital files (think that's PC enough!)

and another point..........

The light source is behind Stonehenge, yet the foreground shadows are cast from something behind you :shrug: (assuming you took any of the images that created this erm...... amalgamation of digital files (think that's PC enough!)

Let's not go into the debate about the source of part of this image, the OP has learned that lesson in the past and has acknowledged the fact that part of this image comes from RF backgrounds available no if the whole image comes from that source and just different things are merged together then that's a whole different ball game, but my guess is the SH is the OP's

I think that the biggest thing that needs to be learnt before pursuing these rather dreamy images is the fundamentals of taking a good photo, such as exposure management, composition and focus (y)

Matt

Matt,

Fair enough point...... and I was not intending to kick up the proverbial S Storm again.... what is confusing me though is

I assume it is meant to be the sun either rising or setting behind the henge, yet there seem to be at least 2, possibly 3 celestial bodies of significant magnitude to illuminate (well backlight it)

Matt,

Fair enough point...... and I was not intending to kick up the proverbial S Storm again.... what is confusing me though is

I assume it is meant to be the sun either rising or setting behind the henge, yet there seem to be at least 2, possibly 3 celestial bodies of significant magnitude to illuminate (well backlight it)

Indeed, for this image to stand a chance of working it would have need to have actually needed to have been taken from the other side but then you should be able to make the sun provide the PP effect that has been applied in this image naturally (y) another option would be to take the shadows out with a little PP magic (y)

I did see you and the mafia had some of your favourite sport earlier this weekend :LOL:

Matt

Sorry Louise, I'm with the others on this, it just doesn't work.
Keep trying though. ;)

As said already, the stones are soft and the light rays are actually coming through the stones in some parts.

I like what you have tried to do though - maybe you could clone out the shadows of the people which might help, and move the sun behind the stones and remove some of the rays?

As said already, the stones are soft and the light rays are actually coming through the stones in some parts.

I like what you have tried to do though - maybe you could clone out the shadows of the people which might help, and move the sun behind the stones and remove some of the rays?

So, you mean take a real photo of Stonehenge at dawn then?????? :shrug: :LOL::LOL:

I have the original somewhere so I will see if I can post it :)

Ah, another composite shot Aura...

It's certainly a striking image - though as mentioned to the point of exhaustion by others above, the sunburst from behind the stones really jars with the shadows of the three people in the foreground.

Having read all the comments above, I took the liberty at having a go about doing something to make your image more presentable. I hope it's ok with you. This edit took about 5 minutes, and looking at it now I realise that the shadow is too short and not dark enough. Hey Ho!

6536804533_30def4be39_b.jpg

Thanks that looks great. :clap:

It still just doesn't look right and tbh, I'm not sure what you could do to it to make it look right.
The grass has now turned into green water and the shadow from the stones look like a reflection. :(

I'm with the others on this one, so sorry.

If I were you, I would be trying to concentrate on getting the focus right on the subject and seeing how I could process it to improve the shot I'd got instead of trying lots of different freaky techniques which masks the photo, as after all, starting with a good image will mean the end result is even better! :)

Maria, the images weren't taken by the OP, she took two separate ones from a royalty-free collection and merged them to get the image in her opening post. ;)

Im going against the grain here as I actually do like this (apart from the technical issues) I agree all the shadows etc are in thewrong places but the general idea behind this works well, and with a touch of pp some issues could be rectified

Back