Stonehenge - I know I'm a tourist

Name
Peter Barber
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots I took while working in Wiltshire last week. Most take the camera to work with me more often Wiltshire is stunning.

Sorry for the tourist shots.

Stonehenge_11.jpg

StoneHenge_1.jpg

Last edited:
Can't see the pics :shrug:

Edit: Ah, just looked at the page source - the links are to a php script so the forum s/w must not treat them as images.

Last edited:
Nor I.

Okay help, why cant I post the ones from my gallery

I can see them, and they are really good.

I can see them now and I do prefer #1. It seems to be a different take on the topic. The top of the rock is missing, which is a shame as the idea is great. As it's Wiltshire, and I've lived there, I'll pass on comments on true horizons. The place is too hilly to know what's flat and what's not. Wiltshire is stunning and I think it's good practice to take a camera with you wherever you go.

Thanks for the replies.

It does pass the bordom of the evenings while on business travel. So I am currently hunting around for a bag that could take my camera gear safely and a my work laptop.

Nice set, really like the perspective and sky in no 1

Nice to see the stones without tourists - did you shoot them to get your tourist shots? :bonk:

Hmm... hasn't changed much. :)

This is from when I lived in England in the late 70's.

IMG_3445.jpg

It's an interesting coincidence, this thread, because I was just looking at this picture this morning, trying to remember when we took that shot.

Nice set, really like the perspective and sky in no 1

Nice to see the stones without tourists - did you shoot them to get your tourist shots? :bonk:

No I wish.

Funny story, I raced from Essex to Stonehenge to try and get there for some sunset shots. Only to arrive and find the place closed. So the shots wre taken over the fence, hence the lack of tourists.

Thats were the 1st shot came from, this stone is right up against the perimeter fence, which is why I missed its tip.

Hmm... hasn't changed much. :)

This is from when I lived in England in the late 70's.

IMG_3445.jpg

It's an interesting coincidence, this thread, because I was just looking at this picture this morning, trying to remember when we took that shot.

I would say they haven't changed much in a few thousand years, I have too say that I was more impressed with them than I expected to be.

Back