Strange problem with film prints

ped

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

Recently got back a set of prints from my Braun paxette camera. I have shot loads of rolls with the camera and never seen this problem before, and I was using a lens I have used many times with no problems.

A number of pictures had this affect on the prints. They occurred at random intervals, not all next to each other, and the others are totally clean...

Any ideas?

ped

PaxetteXP2400001edit.jpg

Presumably it's on the negs as well as the prints?

Are there more of them in the earlier shots than the later ones? I'm wondering if a little light got in when the cassette was opened.

could be something to do with the shutter curtain might be slightly sticky at certain speeds

Hi mate thanks for the reply.

The negs show the glitch too. They are right in the middle of the roll on pictures 10,14,15,18 of a 24 exposure film.

Interestingly the picture immediately before the first shot with the affect has some black dots down the right hand side, almost like I cranked the film too far? I'll upload what I mean later. I do recall the film crunching a bit around the time of that shot so perhaps that's something to do with it.

Cheers
Ped

I was gonna say too shallow a dev bath so the middle bit of the paper spent less time in it, but not if its on the negs :s

Looks like a light leak from the camera back/door hinge to me - Maybe the film was left wound in a certain position in bright light with certain shots. Ones that got shot through the camera quickly may not have been subjected to the leak so much?

Just a thought.

Looks like a light leak from the camera back/door hinge to me - Maybe the film was left wound in a certain position in bright light with certain shots. Ones that got shot through the camera quickly may not have been subjected to the leak so much?

Just a thought.

The case on the paxette means there can't be a gap because the film cassette is screwed to the base with a right seal. There is no door on the camera.

Cheers
Ped

Back