Strawberry Fields Forever ... !

Edit My Images
No
Well, as planned for the weekend the strawberry picking went ahead ... as Jill expected ... :shrug:

Despite downing a few ... :puke: ... we still came away with an oversized punnet of Strawbs and another of Loganberries ... :shake:

Goodness in Strawberry form ...
RLG4276.jpg

Strawberry Pendant ...
RLG4294.jpg

And ... our punnet nearly half full ...

RLG4300.jpg

The field owner was duly interested and asked if I would pop back with the results ... now how can one refuse ... especially if free strawbs are on the cards ... :LOL: - :puke:

They're all good, but the third pic does it for me! Great shots. Hope you didn't scoff TOO many of them!

Catdaddy said:
They're all good, but the third pic does it for me! Great shots. Hope you didn't scoff TOO many of them!

Thanx CD ... far too many than are good for me ... or the field owner ... :LOL:

You're making me hungry now! I like the second shot, good use of DOF. (y)

nice shots ven, not a fan of strawberries myself, but a fan of a good photo though..
TFS

Love #2 & 3..my mouth is watering just imagining them with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream mmmmm....

Thanks guys ... appreciate the comments ... :thumbs;

Even had enough for Jill to make four jars of the most scrummy Strawb jam too ... yummy on her scones with the usual other stuff ... :puke:

:p

Third one for me mate.

We're planning on doing this, this summer...how much does it cost?

I love the second shot with them hanging like Christmas baubles....

Barry and I keep meaning to go but life or weather seems to get in the way...maybe tomorrow but his Strawberry Jam with Cointreau is a bit blooming special!

Marcel said:
We're planning on doing this, this summer...how much does it cost?

Really as little or as much as you want to spend ... the ones you eat on site cost nowt though ... ;)

we came away with a huge punnet overflowing with strawbs plus a hlaf size punnet of logans and it cost us just £11 odd ... excellent value ...

... and they taste so much better than supermarket ones ... especially straight off the plants ... :p

Marianne said:
I love the second shot with them hanging like Christmas baubles....

Barry and I keep meaning to go but life or weather seems to get in the way...maybe tomorrow but his Strawberry Jam with Cointreau is a bit blooming special!

THANKS MARIANNE ... :LOL:

Bet the cointreau would be even better on home made Strawb Jam ... :p

are they real? :D

very good. ;)

Venomator said:
... and they taste so much better than supermarket ones ... especially straight off the plants ... :p

Oh I know, I've got some growing in my back garden :D Planted them a couple of months ago, and had a few handfuls off them,...very nice indeed.

That reminds me, my tomatoes and beans need feeding :D

2 Second pic is may fave for exactly the same reasons as Marianne (chrimbo baubble effect), although the third did make my mouth water!
My next door neighbour has a huge patch of Strawberries at the bottom of the garden.
Guess who's holding the keys when theyre on hols next week!:LOL:

very nice Rog...whats all this Jam chat thats going on???

Jammin' Matty ... you know that thing you do when you've picked far too much fruit ... of any sort than you could possibly eat/want/need ... especially strawbs ... and normally at a PYO ... :LOL: Oh ... & Thanx btw ... (y)

Marcel said:
Oh I know, I've got some growing in my back garden :D Planted them a couple of months ago, and had a few handfuls off them,...very nice indeed.

Chance would be a fine thing ... Blackbirds and other feathered friends usually get ours before we ever have a chance at even one ... :p

Jill would not hear of protecting them and depriving our little friends ... so we do gotta go PYO-ing ... :thinking:

I'll agree with Marianne and Inaglo, pic 2 for me too. Nice shots.

Mike

Thanks InaGlo & Mike ... & MARIANNE ... (y)

Don't go depriving the Blackbirds now InaGlo ... :LOL:

Venomator said:
Thanx CD ... far too many than are good for me ... or the field owner ... :LOL:

Hehe, they should have weighed you on the way in AND out ;)

dod said:
Hehe, they should have weighed you on the way in AND out ;)

HeHe indeed ... I would have blamed it all on the stack of photos I took weighing heavy in the ol' gear m8 ... (y) & ;)

Besides I'd now be bankrupt ... :LOL:

HMMMMMM that reminds me where is the vanilla vodka, strawberry and vodka cocktails :naughty: but very very nice (y)

the pics are superb, love number 2 and 33 you could just pick one and eat :)

Great shots, like the 2nd one the best and yes I'm hungry now as well :)

Second shot for me as well, very nice venomator. Too bad the one in the background was not very ripe yet. Doesn't make for a very nice colour eh. Still very good shots indeed, and I LOVE homemade jam too. Grandma makes it, not me,:shake:

Jewel

Nice set Ven...last one for me and I loooooove strawbs
Venomator said:
and it cost us just £11 odd ...
:eek: :eek:
Don't know how big your punnet is but ya can get two for a pound up here (well nearly)

Back