Strawberry Gill

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Inspired by a photo I saw in a pool room the other day, and finding out that my Sigma flash works better with the inbuilt diffuser than the Sto-fen bounce, I decided that I needed to practice portraits. I'm really very happy with my flash now. I didn't really like it much as it was still producing "flash" style shots. After seeing that mrk was getting great shots with it I decided to practice. Every angle, every mode and I finally got it to work. No more nasty shadows behind people.

CRW_3765-01.jpg

CRW_3759-01.jpg

CRW_3772-012.jpg

smCRW_3751-01.jpg

I watched the Sin City trailer the other day in anticipation of watching it again. I just love the style of that film.

I think you've really got the hang of that - almost! The first shot for me is by far the best - the soft focus on her, her expression, and the sharpness of the strawberries all works extremely well. The second, IMHO, needs to be softer and in a portrait format, the strawberry is fine that sharp though. The third just doesn't work for me I'm afraid, and the fourth is very good at getting the message across :). One last point - in the first picture the watch strap/bracelet could go as I think it detracts from the simplicity.

First one for me too, although I think the flesh tones are far too warm. Id definitely reduce the saturation on the girl selectively to get a much less saturated skin tone, which will contrast nicely with the bright red strawberries. And lose the bracelet! :thumb:

agree with the others, the first is very good

smCRW_3765-01.jpg

Updated the first image to reduce the saturation on the girl.

Depth, light, colour, texture and a bit of mystery. Lovverly. Now all you have to do is a mono conversion as I think that would work. I've had a go myself but wouldn't want to post it without your say so.

Pete, it's loads better mate. I hope you don't mind, I just lightened that left side of her face a little with a feathered mask, as that dark eye socket particularly was bugging me - and sharpened the hands and strawberries a little. Just tell me to p*** off and I wont mind - I can't help myself sometimes. :icon_redf

Classy shot! She could tempt me! :D

petes.jpg

It's a lovely shot and if you don't mind me saying, I think CT just put the cream on the strawberries with his enhancements.

Those strawberries were crying out for a little more sharpening to me.
Now you can tell me to p1ss off :p

much better Pete!

How easy is it getting your sister to do 'sexy' with the strawberry?

EosD said:
much better Pete!

How easy is it getting your sister to do 'sexy' with the strawberry?
I simply explained the idea I had in my head, the close-up shot of her eating the strawberry and we worked with the idea.

Nice, although I would feel incomfortable with my sister doing 'sexy'...lol, I'd feel wierd at the thought of asking her. But then again, I'm like that with my family :D.
Now my wife? That's another story...lol

I do like the second one pete, the colours dont hit you in the face as much, and seem more natural but still pronounced.

Just a though, but those strawberries are just shouting out for a little drizzle of cream on them :D

Back