Streets of Brisbane, Australia

Name
Steph
Edit My Images
Yes
Something I've never tried before, and it was a lot of fun and I can't wait to go for it again - these are from two separate afternoons.

Feel free to rip them to shreds, I've added where I think I've gone wrong under all of these and what I like about them.

I like the hint of the light trail under the bridge from the citycat, the glassy water and the reflection of the sunset colours in the water. I think I could have gone for a longer shutter speed to bring up the shadows under the bridge a lot more, oh, I also like the star effect on the lights on the bridge.

I know this one is a little tiny bit crooked - I tried really hard to get the front of the church straight because everything else was crooked, but that was part of why I chose to photograph this church in the first place. I like that the modern office towers dwarf the church and it looks like a little oasis in the city. Oh and I don't like that I blew the whites on the bell tower a little, but I don't think it detracts too much from the picture.

This one doesn't really need critique - I was just having fun :D

I guess I just thought this made a nice, peaceful scene. I think the building reminds me of a library and like that the girl on the bench is reading...

I've slightly desaturated this one as I felt it suited it, but I'm happy to be told oherwise! I like that all of the boats are facing the same direction and that the bridge follows the same line.

This one is so bright and festive, I couldn't help but capture it. I also like that the tassels on the bottom of the lanterns show the wind blowing through the area.

Anyway, feel free to just pick one to critique, I certainly don't think anyone has the time to do all of them!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
And a few more I finally processed today...

I really need to study some decent how to guides for photoshop... :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Shameless bump lol

Back