Name
Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I’m looking to set up a home studio for product and portrait photography mainly. I’d like to purchase 2-3 strobe heads to start plus modifying equipment. I’m wondering if anybody can recommend a good starting studio lighting kit? Or good mid range strobe head brand.

Not really :)
If portability is not required, then they'll get a lot more for their money with mains powered studio lights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky
I only use mains powered strobes, I have no experience of their battery powered offerings. Well, other than their TT685 speedlights which all work with the same XPro trigger anyway - a big bonus.

I only use mains powered strobes, I have no experience of their battery powered offerings. Well, other than their TT685 speedlights which all work with the same XPro trigger anyway - a big bonus.
Which ones do you use?
How do you find them?
I'm the opposite, I've only used their battery powered speed lights.

Welcome to TP. I see you haven’t included your location in your profile, or your question.

It’d help to know where you are in the world to recommend products (they’re sold by different people in different countries).

‘Strobe’ is usually an American term for higher powered flash.

As above, what kind of portraits and products, the more detail, the better the advice.

Sorry, I’m in Sevenoaks, Kent now. Hoping to continue on my product business from America which shoes, jewelry and electronics. Calm down over there

Godox rebrands from Lencarta or Essential Photo to get after sales support.

Nip to the photography show to kit out your studio with discounted items you’ll be able to have a play with / get advice.

Thanks Phil, which photography show are you referring to? If you can pass on any more information I’d really really appreciate it

Back