Critique Studio Boxing Shot

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
Had a couple of lads in the studio who box for the military (RAF) and decided to do something a little different. Put some talc on the gloves before let them go for a few punches and had a flash sat (just out of frame) under the point of impact.
Any opinions are welcome.
Boxing.jpg

Last edited:
works for me, nice effect. (i've seen something similar with wrestlers and a talc filled guitar !)
I'm not normally a fan of selective colour but this works too, slightly subdued.
like it

Thanks guys. The selective colour is done at 35% so as not to overpower the image.

Very eye-catching. Like this a lot.

I like it. From a boxing technical point of view, I'd prefer the boxer's right hand to be a little higher to show better cover technique but the higher it goes, the more it will take away from the image...catch 22.

Very eye-catching. Like this a lot.
Thanks

I like it. From a boxing technical point of view, I'd prefer the boxer's right hand to be a little higher to show better cover technique but the higher it goes, the more it will take away from the image...catch 22.
Thanks. I must be honest I know nothing of the technique of boxing (left that to the lads) and chose the most pleasing to the eye from a burst of about 5.

I really like this shot! Maybe you could spray some water on them to make it look like sweat?
That is actually a good shout. I did mention to the guys that if we shot again we would try oil and water to give them a glean.

I like it - looks good! What does the image look like without the selective colouring?

Back