Studio Lens

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a 24-70 f2.8 Sigma digital lens and a 70-200 Canon F4 L
I intend to used both in the studio and for the odd Wedding.

I also have a nifty f1.8 for any low light situations.

What are your thoughts on these?
I intend to build on my lenses with experience and need, not for the initial sake of it... Done that too much in the past :)

TIA
:)

For what you want to do all the bases seem to be covered. what body are you using??

As an upgrade route you also have the Canon 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS and of course the 50mm 1.2/1.4 to consider.

For what you want to do all the bases seem to be covered. what body are you using??

As an upgrade route you also have the Canon 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS and of course the 50mm 1.2/1.4 to consider.

Cheers
They are on the 30D which despite all the new updated models out since is a nice camera.
I did look at the canon 24-70 but could not justify the tag for little improvement in quality. And the f4 70-200 seems widely regarded as a sharper variant to the 2.8 IS never really got on with IS had the 100-400L IS and didnt really use the IS

Looking at most studio shooting the range I have covers the majority of what I have seen.

Thanks for the suggestions

For studio work it's worth considering the 24-105 f4 L. I know you have the focal length covered across 2 lenses, but this would give you the opportunity to extend (just) past 100mm, and under studio conditions, an f4 lens is fine, as you're very rarely below f8.

On my last session I used my 50mm, which was good fun :D

Steve

You won't get away with shooting weddings with the f4. It's way too slow for any kind of indoor work. f2.8 is the minimum you need for those kind of conditions.

I have f2.8 and even then I'm looking to get 85mm and 23mm at f1.8 and f1.4.

For studio work the 24-105mm is fab! It allows quick framing and focus when paired with studio flash. Without flash f4 is too slow though.

You won't get away with shooting weddings with the f4. It's way too slow for any kind of indoor work. f2.8 is the minimum you need for those kind of conditions.

I have f2.8 and even then I'm looking to get 85mm and 23mm at f1.8 and f1.4.

For studio work the 24-105mm is fab! It allows quick framing and focus when paired with studio flash. Without flash f4 is too slow though.

Well the OP had already posted that he had a 24-70 f2.8, and that he was considering a 70-200, and I did say

For studio work it's worth considering the 24-105 f4 L. <snip> and under studio conditions, an f4 lens is fine, as you're very rarely below f8.

And I totally agree that for weddings 2.8 is a minimum, faster if possible.

Steve

Cheers guys, I agree the f4 is too slow for indoor work, I would not use it for this. It would be either the sigma or the nifty... not planning on doing too many weddings as I dont like doing them! :) but I guess I need to offer it.
I did look at the 24-105 f4 but again outside of the studio it offers me nothing I dont already have covered and I would have gone for the 24-70 f2.8 if I was going to buy more glass.
Thanks for the input.
:)

Back