Studio Lights

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Will soon be considering some studio lighting equipment and have been reading through a lot of recent posts and it's got me thinking.

I was under the impression that the key principle behind photography is light? In other words light is probably the most important factor before anything else.

I have quite a few lenses, not super expensive ones but they do the job so would it be sensible of me now to make a significant investment with the lightning and not go down the cheaper road of budget lights?

Any thoughts on this are most welcome :)

Planning on setting up a studio in the future, I don't have enough knowledge at the moment but will be approaching my gf's uncle (pro) about it. In the meantime I'm going to be looking for something that can also be portable for location shots.

Ok, well i dont know mega stuff about lighting but i do know when i use the studio, they have Bowens lights, and they use a tripod, which ar every portable, and the umbrella and head are very small but produce a powerful result!
Sorry, thats about as far as my knowledge goes. Good luck!

Hi fi you are thinking about a long term investment and long life have a look at Visatec lighting no nonsense and built to last. They are made by brocolor and distributed by Jonhnsons Photopia. I have used these heads for 6 years and they are very stable and give out a high quality of light and never fail.
Too many people read too much into output levels.These lights recharge very quickly and leave Bowen lights for dead as my last lights were bowens.I am looking forward to using these lights for many years to come. One main advantage of these lights is that they are fan cooled so keep going on full power for hours without overheating.

Thanks for the replies, I feel I'm now heading in the right direction (y)

Back