Sub £200 Mirrorless Compact camera

Name
Tim Ellis
Edit My Images
No
I have no camera at the moment any suggestions on one , just for occasional use when on holidays etc. I might push up to £300 2nd hand.

I previously had a Samsung NX3000 which I quite liked but looking at others too like a Sony NEX 5 or A3000 something along those lines.

I will be looking for one for 2 weeks time when I am heading down to Edinburgh for a long weekend so landscapes, night scenes etc. but potentially like to use when out and about at home when out cycling so one that is light and compact to fit in my jersey pocket.

Any suggestions

I'm in the same boat, rather than start a new thread could anyone offer advice on this one?

Do you mean a compact SYSTEM camera with interchangeable lenses? Look at the Olympus E-M10 MkI, should be available under £300 with pancake lens. For even less money consider some of the Olympus E-PL series cameras, although sensor tech is getting quite old in some of those.

If going for the most compact system I think the RF style cameras are well worth a look. Things like the Panasonic GX80 and Sony A6000. The Oly Pen is RF style too but a lot more expensive.

I have the GX80 and with the tiny 14-42mm mega ois it's a very compact camera and lens package and should be available somewhere between £200-300 or you could go for a cheap compact prime.

Other than that I'm sort of a fan of 1" compacts. I have a Panasonic TZ100 which has a 1" sensor and something like a 25-250mm lens. The image quality is a bit below MFT but having said that the files can take quite a bit of processing and even ISO 12,800 is useable, IMO. Dunno if these cameras are of interest or in budget though.

I am looking around for a compact camera as well. Too many to choose from, will have a look of the GX80 and Sony A6000. Hoping to keep the budget within £300 but as low as possible as it will just be a quick snap away camera for my projects.

Back