Subaru Impreza Rig Shots

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
So today during a shoot of an Impreza Type-R I did some rig shots :D Think these are my best yet, everything just worked :D

kevinimpreza27.jpg

kevinimpreza28.jpg

kevinimpreza29.jpg

kevinimpreza30.jpg

Sammy

Really really good man. Other than a wee bit dust on the sensor and maybe a Watermark or two these are nigh on perfect!

Cant fault them, nice and sharp. only thing i would say is that they are all rather central and the car takes up a lot of the photo. Try a longer pole or a wider angle to get more suroundings in to the shots :)

ta, I like the central wide angled shots. they were all taken at 10mm and i could have gone longer with my beam but set up the shots to be like the :)

I like the car being the focal point of the shot :D

A superb set of shots - well done indeed!

Phil

A good set, although I think the PP has left the whites looking a little muddy. Be careful with whacking the clarity setting up too as it creates strange shadow marks (most noticeable on the spoiler in #1 and the front wing in the last shot). #2 is leagues ahead of the others IMHO.

A good set, although I think the PP has left the whites looking a little muddy. Be careful with whacking the clarity setting up too as it creates strange shadow marks (most noticeable on the spoiler in #1 and the front wing in the last shot). #2 is leagues ahead of the others IMHO.

thanks mate :) appreciate the comments. I love the high clarity shots lol :)

These were taken with a cheap ND8 filter and it tints the colours slightly so getting a better one for christmas and hopefully that will help with the muddy tones :)

#2 is my favourite too :D

I like #4, nice angle, I also think having the car further away from the camera works much better on rig shots, though I do feel your filters reduce the image quality somewhat, the night stuff I've seen from you is much better in regards to sharpness (however they seem to suffer more from flex shake on the rig)

Hoping to get myself a Rig in 2013 :)

Impreza Type-R??
apart from that, like the shots -lots of action and movement and good angles too. I really like the clean profile one tbh!
although the cloning out of the number plate. there has to be a better way that's not as obviously a rectangle of orange

Impreza Type-R??
apart from that, like the shots -lots of action and movement and good angles too. I really like the clean profile one tbh!
although the cloning out of the number plate. there has to be a better way that's not as obviously a rectangle of orange

yeah type-R mate, its the top spec Jap imported model. basically a P1 from the UK.

Like the 1st shot!

thanks Reinis :D

Love the photos buddy! Love anything Subaru! Wish I could get photos close to this

Top notch as usual. Really enjoy your posts mate. If your ever thinking of running a workshop day on rigs and cars then count me in :wave:

Would really like to be able to do this and get an understanding by trying it how it's achieved.

Wow - no negative comments on these shots! Lovely lovely lovely!

Great set, your shoots always impress me

These are fantastic, I agree about the clarity creating some 'effects' in the images bu they're amazing all the same.

What equipment do you use for this? I don't suppose you have any setup or behind the scenes photos? Love the effect you've got on these!

hi mate, have you read my thread I made about my rig?

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=423609

I have put everything in it to help people :D also has a detailed guide to my rig with set up pics and links to parts etc :)

hope it helps

Sammy

I haven't, only quite new to TalkPhotography but I'll go have a good read now!

You're obviously getting great results from it and I'd love to try this kind of shot out but I guess I'll find out shortly how feasible that is (y)(y)

That's cool. It just takes practice and I am by no means an expert. Just been doing it a few months myself and trying to improve!

It is good fun and you get fantastic results!

Back